Customer Service 866.965.0400
Illusive_s550

Water Spots on Ceramic Coating

Question

My car is completely ceramic coated, another brand, and I recently noticed on the roof and top of my trunk there are water spots that I cannot get off. Some do not catch my fingernail when I feel them, but I have two spots that do. The ones that don't, however, were not able to be removed using detail spray or waterless wash. Is there anything I can do?

8 answers to this question

It all depends on the brand of coating you used, without knowing that I can only offer multiple solutions for your dilemma.

My car is completely ceramic coated, another brand, and I recently noticed on the roof and top of my trunk there are water spots that I cannot get off. Some do not catch my fingernail when I feel them, but I have two spots that do. The ones that don't, however, were not able to be removed using detail spray or waterless wash. Is there anything I can do?

It all depends on the brand of coating you used, without knowing that I can only offer multiple solutions for your dilemma.

It's a ceramicpro two year coating. The coating has been on for almost a year now.

It's a ceramicpro two year coating. The coating has been on for almost a year now.

My suggestion would be to do a decontamination with wheel cleaner.

you can buy water spot remover.  Or if you have a cleaner polish should clean it right up without harming the coating. 

If it's ceramic pro you should have a warranty from the installer. You happen to check in to see if that damage is covered? 

If it's ceramic pro you should have a warranty from the installer. You happen to check in to see if that damage is covered?

I actually never thought to do that. I'll definitely contact them and see what they say.