Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did I do to my car??

So I know what I did. I coated my car with a non Adam's coating. I had an $80 bottle that was laying around about to expire, so I said what the hey... I should probably use it.

The product I used is amazing stuff. Has a 2 year life with proper maintenance of the coating. I still have well over 1 year left on it.

What did I do to my car? With the coating that I installed, I can't use waxes/polishes/glazes. Anything on top of the coating will effect the hydrophobic properties of the coating itself. The advantage of the coating is low maintenance (i.e. no waxing and easier washing), but this disadvantage is NO WAXING. I thoroughly enjoy waxing on a bi-weekly/monthly basis. I am missing out on the loving touches to my car.

I must live vicariously through everyone else on this forum on all the new products. I REALLY want to try the new Patriot wax, but I can't justify polishing all my hard work off the paint. I spent 14 hours washing, claying, polishing, and coating. I love the look of the coating, but I dislike that I can't use anything over it.

What other products are a must try? I don't have the waterless wash. Is it fairly good? I do have almost every Adam's exterior product including a lot of the interior products. Does anyone else have any experience with a non Adam's coating and products that work well with it? I don't need detail spray as a drying aid because the coating works that good. The glass sealant I could try. Any recommendations from my fellow Adam's connoisseurs?!

You can still wax over a coating, it will just not have as good hydrophobic properties, but waxing it is fine, you can always strip the wax later.

If you're after the shine, ceramic boost is made to work with coatings, to be a "wax" for coatings.

You can still wax over a coating, it will just not have as good hydrophobic properties, but waxing it is fine, you can always strip the wax later.

If you're after the shine, ceramic boost is made to work with coatings, to be a "wax" for coatings.

I know that I can wax over the coating, but it's pointless. I can't justify buying Patriot wax to put over the top of a coating. As I said earlier, I don't want to reduce the hydrophobic properties of the coating by applying a wax/glaze/sealant over the top of it.

I do want to try the Ceramic Boost. I would like to know if anyone has experience applying it to a "quartz" type of coating. It is a little cheaper than my current Silica spray.

So I know what I did. I coated my car with a non Adam's coating. I had an $80 bottle that was laying around about to expire, so I said what the hey... I should probably use it. The product I used is amazing stuff. Has a 2 year life with proper maintenance of the coating. I still have well over 1 year left on it.What did I do to my car? With the coating that I installed, I can't use waxes/polishes/glazes. Anything on top of the coating will effect the hydrophobic properties of the coating itself. The advantage of the coating is low maintenance (i.e. no waxing and easier washing), but this disadvantage is NO WAXING. I thoroughly enjoy waxing on a bi-weekly/monthly basis. I am missing out on the loving touches to my car.I must live vicariously through everyone else on this forum on all the new products. I REALLY want to try the new Patriot wax, but I can't justify polishing all my hard work off the paint. I spent 14 hours washing, claying, polishing, and coating. I love the look of the coating, but I dislike that I can't use anything over it.What other products are a must try? I don't have the waterless wash. Is it fairly good? I do have almost every Adam's exterior product including a lot of the interior products. Does anyone else have any experience with a non Adam's coating and products that work well with it? I don't need detail spray as a drying aid because the coating works that good. The glass sealant I could try. Any recommendations from my fellow Adam's connoisseurs?!

I'm actually in the same exact situation, I also have a two year coating on my car. Basically I use every Adam's exterior detail product on my coating, except for the waxes and sealant of course, with no noticeable effect on the hydrophobic properties of the coating. The waterless wash is great for when you have a little more dirt on your car and detail spray isn't enough to remove it. I've used waterless wash on my coating a countless number of times with no problems. Brilliant glaze is also something you could use as it doesn't last that long. I've applied the glaze and by the time rain comes around it's already basically worn off and my hydrophobic properties remain unaffected. I know friends who use h20 guard and gloss on their coated cars as well, I haven't found any of the products lessen their hydrophobic properties whatsoever, although I haven't personally tried the h20 guard and gloss to say for sure.

I'm actually in the same exact situation, I also have a two year coating on my car. Basically I use every Adam's exterior detail product on my coating, except for the waxes and sealant of course, with no noticeable effect on the hydrophobic properties of the coating. The waterless wash is great for when you have a little more dirt on your car and detail spray isn't enough to remove it. I've used waterless wash on my coating a countless number of times with no problems. Brilliant glaze is also something you could use as it doesn't last that long. I've applied the glaze and by the time rain comes around it's already basically worn off and my hydrophobic properties remain unaffected. I know friends who use h20 guard and gloss on their coated cars as well, I haven't found any of the products lessen their hydrophobic properties whatsoever, although I haven't personally tried the h20 guard and gloss to say for sure.

I'm so glad that someone else has experience with this situation. I realize just how much I enjoyed waxing once I applied the coating and not able to wax anymore. I have H2O G&G, but I had assumed it would lessen the ability for the coating to "self clean". I may go ahead and try the G&G during my next wash. I certainly appreciate your input.

One question. Do you notice the Detail Spray causing any issues with the coating and hydrophobic properties? I have a gallon of it sitting around. I absolutely love the detail spray and the smell of it is fantastic. Do you have any experience on using it on your coated car?

I'm so glad that someone else has experience with this situation. I realize just how much I enjoyed waxing once I applied the coating and not able to wax anymore. I have H2O G&G, but I had assumed it would lessen the ability for the coating to "self clean". I may go ahead and try the G&G during my next wash. I certainly appreciate your input.

One question. Do you notice the Detail Spray causing any issues with the coating and hydrophobic properties? I have a gallon of it sitting around. I absolutely love the detail spray and the smell of it is fantastic. Do you have any experience on using it on your coated car?

I actually use detail spray fairly constantly and I've never had an issue with the hydrophobic properties. I would say go ahead and try it. I don't know if it depends on the brand of coating, but detail spray doesn't necessarily stick around like a wax or sealant would so if there is some effect on your hydrophobic properties, once the detail spray has worn off it'll return to normal.

I would suggest trying Boost. It adds a ton of shine/gloss and ups the hydrophobic properties of a ceramic coating. Have you coated your trim as well?

I haven't coated my trim with a trim coating. The car is less than a year old and no purpose to coat it yet. I use my current silica spray to maintain it. That might be my next investment. 

This probably sums up my greatest fear of using a ceramic coating

My coating was applied prior to me finding out about Adams Polishes products. Once my coating wears off I'm going to have to do some hard thinking before deciding whether or not to re-apply. I almost went with the permanent coating over the two year, I'm really glad I choose the two year instead.