Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze Separated

galaxy

Question

Like the title said..is this normal? Anyone want to trade? Just did a coating so can't imagine I'd ever use this. Although haven't you guys said glaze can be used to level high spot on coating? post-15305-0-95304600-1495159135_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

That is normal. I make sure to shake my bottles every month or so. I also just used it on a couple of spots I saw a week after coating my car. I have way too much of the stuff, but it is a great tool.

Like the title said..is this normal? Anyone want to trade? Just did a coating so can't imagine I'd ever use this. Although haven't you guys said glaze can be used to level high spot on coating? IMG_1670.JPG

Like the others said, it's normal you just need to shake it up before using. I use it on my coated car before shows and things, it adds a nice shine.

Not normal. I'll take it off your hands. ;)

Seriously, though, you can also use BG to get rid of that incessant haze on your interior windshield. One of, if not "the," best Adam's hacks out there. And it's an instant air freshener. See here for more: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31733-remove-haze-from-the-inside-of-the-windows

I shake mine daily (yea im ocd) and itll still drop about 2" in 24hrs.

But as someone mentioned, interior windows, works great to avoid hazes, i use it in the bathroom on mirrors, and the front door where the dog's nose always rubs. It just makes cleaning glass easier, and my front door...you almost cant tell there is glass in it.

Great product!

Shake shake shake, the good thing about you coating your car is that you can use this product on the inside of your windows to help keep them cleaner and help them from hazing or gassing, now you have a new purpose and use for this great bottle!

You can thank me later

Yea...I had read some comments here or there about glaze on inside glass, but never really gave it much thought since I don't really seem to have what I would call any of those symptoms.

So for inside glass...wipe on-wipe off?  Or apply, let dry/haze, and remove?

How about glaze on outside glass?  Any benefit there?  

Yea...I had read some comments here or there about glaze on inside glass, but never really gave it much thought since I don't really seem to have what I would call any of those symptoms.

Yes wipe on, it hazes immediately, so then buff off. I actually did my wifes car yesterday, her car gets the residue more than mine. But they have both been treated.

I wondered if wax would have the same benefit, but no one answered for me in another thread. I waxed the bathroom mirrors in the past and it seems to work

Not much benefit on outside glass other than extra shine. It'll dissipate too quickly (~2 weeks or less) to have any real, long-lasting effect. It does last quite a while on the interior, though - Adam says about 6 months. Try Glass Sealant instead, as well as the Glass Boost, for your exterior glass.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words, here's the video on this process for inside the windshield:

Edited by falcaineer

Yes wipe on, it hazes immediately, so then buff off. I actually did my wifes car yesterday, her car gets the residue more than mine. But they have both been treated.

I wondered if wax would have the same benefit, but no one answered for me in another thread. I waxed the bathroom mirrors in the past and it seems to work

I've seen people wax inside glass in the past with decent results but the glaze tends to work best because of the solvents in it that is not in the wax. At least for me, the Brilliant glaze is much faster and easier to use on glass than a wax would be.

Brilliant Glaze is great on the outside of glass before a car show.  Not only does it add a little extra shine but it makes it very difficult to add those pesky fingerprints.

Brilliant Glaze is great on the outside of glass before a car show. Not only does it add a little extra shine but it makes it very difficult to add those pesky fingerprints.

^^^This! Also can make tinted windows reflect like crazy.

I've applied BG to my interior windshield twice now, and I think it's incredible how easily it makes the haze vanish.

However, after my SUV sits for a few weeks while I'm away at work, the haze returns. But, it's most certainly easier than trying to use glass cleaner, so no complaints here.

Have you tried a desiccant bag to help with your little dilemma?

I've applied BG to my interior windshield twice now, and I think it's incredible how easily it makes the haze vanish.

However, after my SUV sits for a few weeks while I'm away at work, the haze returns. But, it's most certainly easier than trying to use glass cleaner, so no complaints here.

Have you tried a desiccant bag to help with your little dilemma?

Are you thinking it may be moisture, or will a desiccant bag absorb off-gassing?

Either way, desiccant bags large enough for the job are typically sold for the home (closets...), boats, travel trailers... Vitually any marine store will carry various versions, including bags.

Yes those are the bags but are sold in bigger versions and are self rejuvenating I have them in my truck and never had a gasping problem, or maybe I have I just won't admit to it ;) lol

I already saw your answer below but I had to throw in my two cents lol but I won't cry about it!

Hmm... never heard of that. Just one of those tiny bags you find in new merchandise?