Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not sure what to do here

MrRaspberryJam

Question

So my dad owns a food trailer that he drives around almost everyday and he's gotten a few scratches and scuffs along the way. I wanna try and get them out but I'm not sure what to do considering it's not a clear coat. I'm not even 100% sure it's true paint or not. I know it's not vinyl but he just said it was "sheet metal with color over it" maybe somebody can help me out? Any help appreciated

post-13943-0-96929800-1495218477_thumb.jpg

post-13943-0-03713600-1495218500_thumb.jpg

post-13943-0-46720400-1495218522_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

We've been building BBQ trailers for over 30 years. Without a picture of the whole trailer my best guess is it anodized Aluminum.

You can't use touch up paint it will make the scratches stand out more. Most people simply use a Laundry marker (black permanent marker) or you could try a product AlumaBlack. 

Be careful the color on these trailer panels is applied when the sheets are made.It's usually a VERY thin polyester paint.I tried to improve some scratches on a friends fifth wheel that had some tree branches dragged down the side.Using correcting polish and a microfiber towel by hand I could visibly see the color getting thinner.We use a lot of aluminum sheet in different colors at work that has a similar finish.It looks nice but it's really thin.I would try some revive if you have some but use caution. Good luck

Took the words right out of my mouth, best bet is to put a sealer and a coat of wax on the trailer and leave it be because you don't want to thin out that paint.

Be careful the color on these trailer panels is applied when the sheets are made.It's usually a VERY thin polyester paint.I tried to improve some scratches on a friends fifth wheel that had some tree branches dragged down the side.Using correcting polish and a microfiber towel by hand I could visibly see the color getting thinner.We use a lot of aluminum sheet in different colors at work that has a similar finish.It looks nice but it's really thin.I would try some revive if you have some but use caution. Good luck