Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Shine

dg150

Question

I just got some tire shine in a mystery box. Does anyone have experience with this that has to drive on gravel? I know other tire shining products cause dust to stick to the tires really bad. Does Adam's tire shine cause this problem?

18 answers to this question

I really like the tire shine. I washed my truck this past Sunday and applied the tire shine. The road in front of our shop is gravel and since it's been dry it's really dusty. I drive this road 2 to 4 times a day. Here's a picture of my tires today. No touch up has been done since the application on Sunday.

tire%20shine_zpsfkkuz9as.jpg

Nice. I only drive gravel when I go to my parents. They have a half mile gravel drive that's always pretty dusty. Trying to decide if I want to keep it or try trading it for something.

I like the tire shine better because you can knock down the shine with a utility towel if you don't like blindingly shiny. Also, it lasts longer than VRT, and isn't water soluble. VRT always ran badly in the Florida rain.

VRT runs? I thought it was suppose to hold up and resist water? I'm being serious, but i did experience it gone, after i drove 60miles thru near monsoon like conditions.

Cleaned the monster up this evening with my new Adams WASH N WAX!

So first i will ask a question, because i scrubbed and scrubbed til i thought my arm was going to fall off and i couldnt get the old VRT off. How do you folks accomplish this?? The first 2 pics are after i cleaned my tires with 10 ounces of tire and rubber cleaner, at least 10 ounces of all purpose cleaner, about 20 ounces of purple power degreaser and two different brushes one very stiff brush and one softer wheel and wheel well style brush. I spent about an hour on all four tires.

Then i used a good bit of tire shine, applied as Adam instructs, and worked it in. Went back an hour later and sure as you know what, it was dry to the touch! The 3rd and 4th pic are the after clean and tire shine was applied.

post-15891-0-18159000-1495851980_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-90549800-1495851990_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-40867800-1495852002_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-64147800-1495852013_thumb.jpg

2 week update...

After exactly 2 weeks(14 days), which consisted of 8 days of work and errands for a total of about 600miles. No bucket car washing, some light rain driving, wet road driving, days of direct sunlight, garage kept nights and weekends. This is what Adams "Banana" Tire Shine looks like.

post-15891-0-86292300-1497106360_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-63288300-1497106369_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-87774000-1497106378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nickfire20

Dang I may have to give the Tire Shine a try but I have 2 other tire dressings to get thru first, maybe one day.

I'm with you, ever since I discovered Adams thats all i use and buy, so now i have at least 20bottles from other companies sitting around!

I liked VRT on my tires, but it eventually wore off, and with rain it practically vanished.

I tried this tire shine in a sample box I had got off the website, and really liked it, so I gave in to the 16oz bottle

Another 2 weeks have gone by since my last application of tire shine... mainy dry roads and hot sun were seen.

Yesterday, Friday, I put 30 miles of moderate rain driving on the vehicle.

You can see for yourself, how it holds up.

Not too shabby.

You can even see how dirty the car is, yet we still have shine on the tires :)

I actually have a really hard time trying to scrub this stuff off my tires. And i never get it all. I spend an hour and 3 different products, never get it all

post-15891-0-72861800-1498318294_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-72939400-1498318308_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-74318500-1498318317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nickfire20

VRT runs? I thought it was suppose to hold up and resist water? I'm being serious, but i did experience it gone, after i drove 60miles thru near monsoon like conditions.

VRT runs bad in the rain on trim and tires. I stopped using it completely because of this. Love Tire Shine though!

Edited by gabhart

I always had issues with VRT running down the bedsides of my Raptor after applying it to the bed rails. It looked like crap, so I haven't used it since on anything. Trim Coating is a great alternative for most trim, then Tire Shine can be buffed down with a microfiber on tires if you like the duller look.