Customer Service 866.965.0400

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 11:19 AM, SumBeach35 said:

Steak and mozzarella cheese garbage plate

post-14655-0-07007900-1497373868_thumb.jpg

For those that don't know, a garbage plate is a meat(s) on a bed of home fries/french fries and mac salad topped with meat style hot sauce, mustard, onions. They taste amazing.

post-14655-0-06735700-1497373914_thumb.jpg

Stuffed burgers from a few weeks back. My burger mix is Chuck beef, pork sausage with salt, pepper, worchesterchire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning. These were stuffed with bacon and cheddar cheese

I recently traveled to Rochester with my girlfriends family and experienced garbage plates for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness. They are INCREDIBLE. The food is so good there.

No pictures, but the Mrs. made two boneless pork loins for dinner tonight along with sauerkraut and mashed taters and she cut corn off the cob.  We finished the one pork loin, and she shredded the other one and added barbeque sauce to it, went to the store and bought onion buns, so you can guess what we're having for lunch or dinner tomorrow.  I can almost taste it now!

For all the members around Austin, I want to point out that I think you are being mean.  I have had many trips to Austin and could pretty count on being there for at least one week per quarter, but it has been close to a year since my last trip.  Between the Tex-Mex and BBQ I never had to worry about going hungry and the best French Toast I ever had was in Austin and the hotel used Bread Pudding to make it with.

Now for my actual contribution to the thread. 

My favorite cook books are:  Texas Home Cooking:   https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Home-Cooking-Comforting-Down-Home/dp/1558320598/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Next is:  The Border Cookbook:  https://www.amazon.com/Border-Cookbook-Authentic-American-Southwest/dp/1558321039/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1536497633&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Border+Cookbook

The first picture was taken for my Chef daughter, it is the French Toast from the Driskill in Austin.

The second picture of the Alaskan Sockeye Salmon that my daughter made with a Honey-Lemon glaze.   While we don't get fresh Alaskan fish very often, it sure worth it when we do.  After living in Kodiak, Alaska for multiple years, there is nothing that compares - you just need to time it right and be willing to pay for the transport.

French Toast - Driskill.JPG

Salmon Cooked.JPG