Customer Service 866.965.0400

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm on the Adam's team, and I never get any cookies.  😢

But they all look delicious.  My wife was intrigued by the sea salt on the cookies. I should never open this thread after midnight.  :lolsmack:

+1. Guess I need to take the day off on Friday and head north... Emery better share!

P.S. Good to see you back, Lenore. You've been missed!

P.P.S. And why is it when people return from longer absences, they seem first post here? First @ocdrifter (Joe), and now Lenore. You two are causing my mouth to drool and belly to grumble! 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I'm on the Adam's team, and I never get any cookies.  😢

But they all look delicious.  My wife was intrigued by the sea salt on the cookies. I should never open this thread after midnight.  :lolsmack:

Rich, the sea salt on the chocolate chip caramel cookies is coarse sea salt and coarse sparkling sugar 50/50 mixed together, I then put about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (I don't really measure but that would be the approximate amount) on top of the cookies before baking.  The cookies are in round mounds when I put the sprinkling on, so quite a bit does fall off on the sides of the parchment paper.  The cookies themselves have chocolate chips and the caramels are the little round caramels bites.  But the real secret is the dough recipe itself...I use four different types of flour in the dough itself.  For the Almond Joy ones I actually use Almond and Coconut Flour as well, so it gets 6 types of Flour instead!  As for being on the Adams team, you definitely are ;)  Have Darlene send me a PM on Facebook...as I would be willing to share some of my baking secrets with her so she could share with you...

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

+1. Guess I need to take the day off on Friday and head north... Emery better share!

P.P.S. And why is it when people return from longer absences, they seem first post here? First @ocdrifter (Joe), and now Lenore. You two are causing my mouth to drool and belly to grumble! 

Hi Falcaineer!   Yes,  I was going to recommend that you make a visit to go see them Friday...lol.    Will have tracking information tomorrow...so will be able to verify that it is actually going to arrive then and will advise you better and will update accordingly.    I post here first because the most interesting people follow this thread ;) 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, falcaineer said:

Falcaineer...the cookies arrived...hope you got some!  If not you need to message me your address and i can send you some, as did put a few in the freezer.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:23 AM, Liralen said:

Rich, the sea salt on the chocolate chip caramel cookies is coarse sea salt and coarse sparkling sugar 50/50 mixed together, I then put about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (I don't really measure but that would be the approximate amount) on top of the cookies before baking.  The cookies are in round mounds when I put the sprinkling on, so quite a bit does fall off on the sides of the parchment paper.  The cookies themselves have chocolate chips and the caramels are the little round caramels bites.  But the real secret is the dough recipe itself...I use four different types of flour in the dough itself.  For the Almond Joy ones I actually use Almond and Coconut Flour as well, so it gets 6 types of Flour instead!  As for being on the Adams team, you definitely are ;)  Have Darlene send me a PM on Facebook...as I would be willing to share some of my baking secrets with her so she could share with you...

Thanks.  She doesn't do much baking these days .  Too hard for her to stand or walk, but  thanks for the offer.  I'll just buy some Chips Ahoy and pretend.  ;)

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Thanks.  She doesn't do much baking these days .  Too hard for her to stand or walk, but  thanks for the offer.  I'll just buy some Chips Ahoy and pretend.  ;)

Rich...I totally get that! I am in the same boat. I thought was getting good news about a pending knee surgery so figured would risk the pain to enjoy some baking...I did regret it later. But am happy that people did get some cookies. Next time will have to contact you all and send you some.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, falcaineer said:

Actually, fish is not my favorite. But I still enjoy your posts nonetheless!! 

Fish is nobody’s favorite because they either serve not so fresh fish. Fish that is fresh has no smell to it and is tasty. I’m also not a fish person because most places serve caca lol but not me, it’s to die for lol. 

15 hours ago, ocdrifter said:

Fish is nobody’s favorite because they either serve not so fresh fish. Fish that is fresh has no smell to it and is tasty. I’m also not a fish person because most places serve caca lol but not me, it’s to die for lol. 

Maybe it was the years living in Alaska, but fish is my preferred food, which is probably noted from most of my food postings.   There is nothing like starting the grill and then catching the salmon to put on it.     You can get fresh fish, including pacific Halibut and Salmon in South Carolina as long as you plan and are willing to pay.

5 minutes ago, RayS said:

Maybe it was the years living in Alaska, but fish is my preferred food, which is probably noted from most of my food postings.   There is nothing like starting the grill and then catching the salmon to put on it.     You can get fresh fish, including pacific Halibut and Salmon in South Carolina as long as you plan and are willing to pay.

I agree when your next to the fish markets you get the best and buy the best, lucky you being able to do that in Alaska!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rich said:

I'll take that "little" chunk of beef off your hands!  

Ha Ha, I thought it was Lamb. The meat pole is the same thing they use in the Middle East for Shawarma's. They are either Lamb or Chicken. I've not seen its use in Mexico.

I guess 18 years working in the Middle East was too much!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! If any of you are local to Adams HQ  and can get me a few bottles of the Colorado detail spray, will trade you product & cookies for them. 😉

Edited by Liralen

• 2 months later...

Oh man...nothing since October? Time sure flew by...Here is a Baby Yoda cake I made, all items from scratch...the outer shell is modeling chocolate (which is made from chocolate wafers/candy melts & corn syrup), frosting/filling was a very vanilla true buttercream (not american), eyes were gelatin (so could be eaten), and cake was a golden vanilla. He was 7 or 8 layers, 8" diameter at the base, and stood about 12-15" tall (I forgot to measure his height)!

Next time I am going to make lime cake with lime curd filling & vanilla buttercream!

20191206_102245.jpg

20191206_095425.jpg

20191205_073645.jpg

Edited by Liralen

On 1/4/2020 at 9:12 PM, Liralen said:

Oh man...nothing since October? Time sure flew by...Here is a Baby Yoda cake I made, all items from scratch...the outer shell is modeling chocolate (which is made from chocolate wafers/candy melts & corn syrup), frosting/filling was a very vanilla true buttercream (not american), eyes were gelatin (so could be eaten), and cake was a golden vanilla. He was 7 or 8 layers, 8" diameter at the base, and stood about 12-15" tall (I forgot to measure his height)!

Next time I am going to make lime cake with lime curd filling & vanilla buttercream!

20191206_102245.jpg

20191206_095425.jpg

20191205_073645.jpg

Incredible, that is! 💯💯💯

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time sure flies! Tried my hand at another cake for a friends birthday...it is a Sandworm from a Nightmare Before Christmas!  Even the big open mouth is cake covered in modeling chocolate...the "sand" is crushed up biscoff cookies! The bottom is three layers of vanilla butter cake & homemade swiss meringue vanilla buttercream.

20200113_015820.jpg

20200113_015743.jpg

20200113_015612.jpg