Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass cleaner

Olgrey93

Question

Let me start off by saying that glass is my least favorite part of detailing. I'm running low on the green glass cleaner. I also have a can of the aerosol that I haven't tried out yet. My question is should I go ahead and order a gallon of the regular glass cleaner or 3 pack of aerosol

13 answers to this question

Let me start off by saying that glass is my least favorite part of detailing. I'm running low on the green glass cleaner. I also have a can of the aerosol that I haven't tried out yet. My question is should I go ahead and order a gallon of the regular glass cleaner or 3 pack of aerosol

I find that the regular glass cleaner is great for windshields that aren't necessarily that dirty, but if your windshield usually gets covered with bugs and stuff then the aerosol cleaner is much more effective at getting it clean. The only thing I would say is you don't need much of the aerosol cleaner, I made the mistake of spraying too much and ended up having to go back over with the green glass cleaner to alleviate the problem.

I love the green liquid, I have tint all the way around, so I dont even want to keep anything in the house that could mess with that. I use the green stuff all around the house as well, it works great for me, never streaks or smears, and flashes pretty quick for a glass cleaner.

In addition, most of my glass is either sealed or has brilliant glaze which aides in making quick work of the entire process.

Aerosol window cleaner will not hurt your tint, the only thing that can hurt tint these day is winded with ammonia so stay away from that and you can use the adams stuff all day long!

I probably won't try the aerosol due to tint, but I just can't imagine a bette combo that the regular glass cleaner and blue towel.

I probably won't try the aerosol due to tint, but I just can't imagine a bette combo that the regular glass cleaner and blue towel.

I've used it on interior and exterior of my cars with tinted windows and had zero negative effects.  One car has 3M carbon tint and the other has some off-brand from the local tint shop.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  As was mentioned, ammonia is the problem and this aerosol doesn't seem to have any ammonia in it.

Aerosol window cleaner will not hurt your tint, the only thing that can hurt tint these day is winded with ammonia so stay away from that and you can use the adams stuff all day long!

Aahhhh...so disregard this warning from Adam's posted right on the product description?

• "Can be used on O.E.M. tinted windows (Not recommended for aftermarket tint, always test in an inconspicuous spot)"

Got it!  Thanks.  

Edited by galaxy

Aahhhh...so disregard this warning from Adam's posted right on the product description?

• "Can be used on O.E.M. tinted windows (Not recommended for aftermarket tint, always test in an inconspicuous spot)"

Got it! Thanks.

Yes. Disregard. They did that to cover their own butt. But there are tons of us here that have used it on aftermarket tint, myself included, with no adverse effects.