Customer Service 866.965.0400

The "Don't Do's of Detailing" Thread

falcaineer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 1:14 AM, Wy_detailing said:

1. Use a big pink or white eraser to remove dried wax from black plastic trim. 

2. Use a sample size bottle of detail spray to apply detail spray to the polishing pad when correcting paintwork. This uses less detail spray, gives a better mist, and uses less product

3. If you have accessibility to a car lift, be sure to raise the car up when polishing the lower portions of a car to save knee and back pain, if you don’t have a lift invest in a  cushioned matt to kneel on. 

4. Be sure to wash out your foam cannon after using strip wash.

5. Use the Adams sidekick to blow snow off your car. Much faster, safer and easier that using a brush/scraper 

6. Use tire and rubber cleaner to clean rubber wiper blades!!

7. Don’t use a foam cannon on a windy day, you will get foam on EVERYTHING! 

8. Remember to throw the polisher cord over your shoulder to prevent it from hitting the paint. 

9. Don’t use glass boost on the inside of your windows, do use brilliant glaze 

10. If you have leftover soap/water in your foam gun/cannon just spray it into your soap bucket 

Thank you for #10 and thank you for making me feel like a moron at the same time. 

Edited by parmesan
typo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to go ahead and preempt this one...especially given my faux pas above with TRC and HGG.

Don't confuse Iron Remover and TRC. Wow, someone really needs to let us all know what they do to quickly differentiate (besides reading the label :rolleyes:).

Screenshot_2018-04-17-21-00-04.thumb.png.7a99dd4b27d9f2ab265580bd938e4bc0.pngScreenshot_2018-04-17-21-01-10.thumb.png.7b54813ebd8b0517d27235d82eb9e082.png

Edited by falcaineer

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably an obvious one...don't set the hose down where you are going to be working.  Why? Well, if you're unlucky like me, you won't see it while carrying the towel bin, the nozzle will be facing straight up, you'll step on the hose, and you'll get a VERY refreshing rinse down in certain areas...

100% happened yesterday.  That was a chilly detail session...

Edited by LSX Maestro

3 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

This is probably an obvious one...don't set the hose down where you are going to be working.  Why? Well, if you're unlucky like me, you won't see it while carrying the towel bin, the nozzle will be facing straight up, you'll step on the hose, and you'll get a VERY refreshing rinse down in certain areas...

? ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, LSX Maestro said:

Not exactly the same for me, but similar, don't drop or lightly drop the hose, it will land on the nozzle and it will spray all over your recently rinsed / dried car.....  Done this too many times haha

• 3 weeks later...

Don't hold the metal-tipped spray nozzle (why so sharp, Adam's...WHHHYYYYY???!!!) from the premium Foam Gun too close when spraying out the wheel wells. Otherwise, you might create a scratch that won't come out despite trying every pad and polish you have in your arsenal...and wanting to utter a few words not suitable for all audiences. ?:willy:? ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...