Customer Service 866.965.0400

The "Don't Do's of Detailing" Thread

falcaineer

On 1/14/2018 at 6:06 PM, ZMAN024 said:

Don't let your wife drive the car ! :lol:  JK.

My wife can’t drive the manual transmission..... although my father-in-law did warn me that if “she wants to learn to drive, don’t stand in her way....” ?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, DanITD said:

My wife can’t drive the manual transmission..... although my father-in-law did warn me that if “she wants to learn to drive, don’t stand in her way....” ?‍♂️

Did he mean that figuratively or literally?! ??. ?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Yup. After removing and installing wheels on a clients car, don’t take your gloves off to do something inside the car quickly (like start it) and set the gloves on their cream leather seats. Oops. Luckily it came right off with leather cleaner. 

Bentley cream leather?! ?

3 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

It might have been...oops. But we saved it!

I was trying to get it done and wasn’t thinking while messing with the air suspension lockout. 

I always wear mechanics gloves while removing and installing wheels and just didn’t think of them when I was working. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:30 AM, tlbullet said:

Whoa..why are we using a HD bucket withan Adams bucket sitting by itself against the wall???😜

On 11/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, Captain Slow said:

^  Looks like it has Rinseless Wash in it.  ^

Don't, under any circumstance, use a wheel towel on your black paint.  It won’t be flawless afterwards. Ask me how I know...🙄

Good eye, @tlbullet.  @Captain Slow has it right...I use that to store RW. Man, can't get anything by you guys! 🧐🤓

Anyone notice how similar in color Tire Shine and Ceramic Boost 2.0 are?  I didn't either, but I can tell you it takes multiple rounds of Tire & Rubber cleaner to get CB 2.0 off the tire once applied.

Weren't we all taught to Read the Label before we use something - It seems that with age, I forgot that lesson.

14 hours ago, RayS said:

Anyone notice how similar in color Tire Shine and Ceramic Boost 2.0 are?  I didn't either, but I can tell you it takes multiple rounds of Tire & Rubber cleaner to get CB 2.0 off the tire once applied.

Weren't we all taught to Read the Label before we use something - It seems that with age, I forgot that lesson.

You could go by the smell if you don't want to read the label   :lolsmack:

In a related note, do make sure your Tire Shine is completely dry before driving the vehicle.

yKxWRUU.jpg

• 1 month later...

When switching out your foam cannon to the spray nozzle on your pressure washer, make sure the spray nozzle is secure in the gun.  A 3200 psi sprayer sends a loose spray nozzle flying at about 8000 MPH.  Luckily it didnt hit my window or damage my truck.......errrrr my friends window/truck.  I would never make such a stupid mistake. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, Rich said:

The biggest "don't".  DON'T let your wife see the bill!  :lolsmack:

If she does see the bill, say it was on sale so you got a big discount...

A “Don’t” I have would probably be: 

Don’t think you’re going to order one thing and stop there. You’ll put few more things in the cart for minimum free shipping. Then once that arrives you’re gonna see a new sale/product and place another order that also qualifies for free shipping. 

Positive point of this is, you never run out of Adam’s. 🙄 

Don't get Ceramic Wax on your convertible top, especially after you have spent a couple of weeks restoring to being nice and black.  You will find that the amount of effort to get CW off the top will far exceed the effort it would have taken to put the top down or tape it off first.