Customer Service 866.965.0400

Matte Detailer for Matte Wheels?

ThePhantom

Question

Seems like a silly question considering the product is brand new but the video doesn't speak much about its use on wheels. Has anyone tried it? Wheel cleaner gets my wheels clean but they're matte and I'd like to try and keep their shine to a minimum.

6 answers to this question

Anyone try h20 guard and gloss on matte wheels? Curious does the matte detailer add any added protection?

I use the H2O Guard now and it does a good job of keeping the wheels from spotting when it rains or I drive through puddles. Wondering if the Matte Detailer will do a better job at keeping the matte finish from getting shiny over time but still keeping the water repelant features.

Thanks for the response Dan. So the Matte Detailer could work on the wheels after a good cleaning to keep the finish from getting any shinier?

Correct. Matte Detailer will not add any shine and was made specifically for matte and satin finishes.

Anyone try h20 guard and gloss on matte wheels? Curious does the matte detailer add any added protection?

I've used H2O Guard on matte and satin black wheels and it works great. It may a slight amount of shine to the surface though. Matte Detailer will add minimal protection if any to wheels. 

I use the H2O Guard now and it does a good job of keeping the wheels from spotting when it rains or I drive through puddles. Wondering if the Matte Detailer will do a better job at keeping the matte finish from getting shiny over time but still keeping the water repelant features.

Matte Detailer isn't designed as a sealant product like our H2O Guard, so H2O Guard is going to have better protection properties. Matte Detailer would be used for things like if you're at a show and need to wipe a small amount of brake dust off of the wheels from driving there :)