Customer Service 866.965.0400

new car - what can I do when?

Greg from GA

Question

so I have a 2017 blue metallic Hyundai (Caribbean Blue) with a born on date of 3/11/17.  What can I do when with the paint?  It is going to live outside.

If you watch my videos, the red 2014 Mazda CX-5 is gone.  I only mention that because I think that is the best red I have ever seen.

Side note - does my "born on date" joke work on anyone under 40?

15 answers to this question

It was an older beer ad campaign where they used born in date in the cans so you knew your crappy beer was at least fresh. Don't remember the label.

40+ here - I got it! It was Budweiser and they dropped the Born on date for "Freshest Before" date. And I don't even drink beer :)

If it were TV ads, that would explain it.  I don't watch much.  And I'm sure it was an ad that was played a lot on sports venues.  Not into sports at all.  Call me weird.  

Edited by LFairbanks

The advice I got from the forum was that ensuring the car was contaminant free on delivery or before you did anything to it was crucial. In my case it got foamed, washed, clayed, sealed and waxed. If in the outdoors this would be the kind of minimum that I'd be looking at. I know very very little about ceramic coatings so I'll leave that to the experts but at a minimum I think sealing the paint is very important.

What model Hyundai did you buy Greg?

It was an older beer ad campaign where they used born in date in the cans so you knew your crappy beer was at least fresh. Don't remember the label.

Edited by ocdrifter

I would consider Ceramic coating if I were you since she will be living outside, it will offer the BEST protection.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-paint-coating-kit.html

I am not versed there yet.  So far I am a Adams Liquid Paint Sealant guy but i know I need to get there from here.

What model Hyundai did you buy Greg?

Traded in daughter's 2014 Mazda CX-5 for the 2017 blue Tucson in the pic.  Already had the 2016 one in the pic for other daughter.  The CX-5 was a great car but that year was the beginning of Mazda's collision avoidance tech and it was not as robust as current tech.  And Mazda is dragging their feet on Car Play and the 2016 Tucson had all the bells and whistles and safety we wanted so we just went that direction again since we were so content with the other one.

post-15699-0-61286600-1495989127_thumb.jpg

post-15699-0-49490700-1495989129_thumb.jpg