Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detailer for engine bay?

Ls1transam

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't use ID that much. I don't particularly like the smell. So this was a nice discovery haha. I thought I seen a post somewhere where they used ID on the engine bay. Just can't remember where. On Instagram maybe.. made all the plastic pieces look really good.

VRT and In and Out Spray for me. But then I like it a little shiny. Looks like the Interior Detailer did a good job with less shine. Nice work!!

I wonder what the Matte Detailer would be like.

Thanks. I always use the VRT and the spray too. But I really like the look of the ID here. Think I like the matte look better.

I use Rinseless Wash at wash strength and lots of cheap MF towels. I dress with diluted VRT in a spray bottle, and even out with more cheap MF towels.

Never thought of using the Rinseless. I also use cheap MF towels for the engine bay. I buy them in small bundles from the local parts house.

When I service a car at the shop and leave hand prints in the dirt thats in the engine compartment. I will usually give it the  "poor mans detail", basically mist it with WD40 and wipe down all the plastic trim. 99.5% of the customers do not open the hood and look, but I dont like leaving signs that I had been in there. The hoods are usually only opened maybe once or twice a year and the dirt is pretty heavy. 

Edited by DREWBUSH