Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which would be better?

IAcamoprincess01

Question

I was just wondering which would be better for a black F150 that lives outside...H20 guard and gloss or liquid paint sealant. The truck currently does not have any wax or protection on it, I was thinking of putting on some buttery wax as well

Thanks in advance.

18 answers to this question

I personally use paint sealant and a the weekly cure of Americana the black pops and it lives outside, but I do keep it under a car cover at night.

The American brings out the black, isn't that why you chose black?

It sure does....actually its my dad's truck.

I personally use paint sealant and a the weekly cure of Americana the black pops and it lives outside, but I do keep it under a car cover at night.

The American brings out the black, isn't that why you chose black?

You do American every week? I thought Americana lasted a couple months.

I didn't want to pay the price for the Americana on my daily driver so I alternate between Revive hand polish and buttery wax. The H20 doesn't work on my black truck so I use the detail spray almost daily and then Brilliant glaze when I want that extra pop of shine.

I didn't want to pay the price for the Americana on my daily driver so I alternate between Revive hand polish and buttery wax. The H20 doesn't work on my black truck so I use the detail spray almost daily and then Brilliant glaze when I want that extra pop of shine.

Yes...if I do recall I prefer the detail spray over the H20 myself. And yes love the Brilliant glaze for the extra "pop".

As others have suggested I would use the Liquid Paint Sealant as a base so it bonds better to the paint and because it will last longer than the H2O.  Then I would use H2O for maintenance every other wash or even once a month if you want to stretch it that far.  This will extend the life of your LPS and give you an amazing pop on black.  I use buttery once a month, but I have a lot of buttery and H2O so I like to alternate it in at least once a week. 

PS about every 6 months, and HGG every 3-6 washes (Adam recommends 3). Any of the waxes will add extra gloss and depth, especially to a black vehicle, but won't provide the length of protection you need on a daily.

While you didn't ask, you might also consider W&W (it's not actually a wax), and/or just to show off, some BG. Amazing stuff, and both smell AWESOME!

Check out this article for more info on the differences between waxes, sealants, etc: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/

And of course, post some pics when done!

PS about every 6 months, and HGG every 3-6 washes (Adam recommends 3). Any of the waxes will add extra gloss and depth, especially to a black vehicle, but won't provide the length of protection you need on a daily.

While you didn't ask, you might also consider W&W (it's not actually a wax), and/or just to show off, some BG. Amazing stuff, and both smell AWESOME!

Check out this article for more info on the differences between waxes, sealants, etc: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/

And of course, post some pics when done!

Thanks for all the help everybody!.....I think the best route to go for me is paint sealant and h20 for the follow wash...and of then if I have some extra time add the wax.

I Love the wash and wax! Love the smell!...of course I'm trying to use up the rest of my old red car shampoo too before I buy the gallon of the wash and wax :)

Also great article pointing out the differences. Hopefully I will remember to post some pictures as well!

Hi Carla,

I use americana every other week, I have a detailing biz and my truck need to be on point no matter what. I also do it because it's therapy for me, I've also been using patriot I love a fresh looking truck. I also use detail spray daily because I cover my truck when it goes to sleep.

Buttery is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add some gloss. I find Buttery on top of G&G looks almost as good as a couple layers of Americana. 

But honestly, if you're going to the trouble of using Buttery, you might as well do Brilliant Glaze instead. You want shine?  Brilliant Glaze + Americana will make your paint look like liquid.

Buttery is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add some gloss. I find Buttery on top of G&G looks almost as good as a couple layers of Americana. 

But honestly, if you're going to the trouble of using Buttery, you might as well do Brilliant Glaze instead. You want shine?  Brilliant Glaze + Americana will make your paint look like liquid.

Yes may have to add the Brillant Glaze...good stuff!