Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not washing my wifes car until she notices its dirty...

Rb1274

My wife came home from work last night and asked me "how do you use that foam thing" she wanted to wash her car, as she noticed it was dirty. She has a white Hyundai Santa Fe and it hasn't been washed in 3 months. I was holding out on doing it until she noticed. We went out and I started to get out pressure washer,2 buckets, tire/ wheel brushes, soap, lambs wool pads, drying towels, H2O G&G, glass cleaner, when she said- I didn't know it was this big an ordeal to wash a car. Now, she has seen me wash and detail for years, but until SHE was going to do it, it wasn't a big deal. Somehow, I wound up doing it anyway while she talked to a friend on the phone. Oh well, at least it's looking good again. I've given up on holding out, I'm just going to keep it clean for her

Smart wife, you got played lol!

My wife came home from work last night and asked me "how do you use that foam thing" she wanted to wash her car, as she noticed it was dirty. She has a white Hyundai Santa Fe and it hasn't been washed in 3 months. I was holding out on doing it until she noticed. We went out and I started to get out pressure washer,2 buckets, tire/ wheel brushes, soap, lambs wool pads, drying towels, H2O G&G, glass cleaner, when she said- I didn't know it was this big an ordeal to wash a car. Now, she has seen me wash and detail for years, but until SHE was going to do it, it wasn't a big deal. Somehow, I wound up doing it anyway while she talked to a friend on the phone. Oh well, at least it's looking good again. I've given up on holding out, I'm just going to keep it clean for her

I guess I'm lucky my brain has the ability to shift focus to other hobbies. I haven't washed my truck since the first week in March. I haven't washed my wife's van in 2 months. Of course having a 1 year old around and a wife that works as a night shift nurse doesn't help with the time factor...

I walked by it today and shoke my head....

Chops... I'm now all into straight razor shaving... I posted a topic, what are your other vices and someone put up safety razors.  Now I am hooked on everything straight razor and the process of...

Helps a little but would sure like to detail the wife's car...tonight I will have the kids mention how bad it looks.

Really straight razor shaving, that's awesome. I love double edge safety razors, they leave you clean and close without razor burn, jack black has a great shave cream and so does Kiehl's, they are my two favorite.

I walked by it today and shoke my head....

Chops... I'm now all into straight razor shaving... I posted a topic, what are your other vices and someone put up safety razors.  Now I am hooked on everything straight razor and the process of...

Helps a little but would sure like to detail the wife's car...tonight I will have the kids mention how bad it looks.

I don't think I can stand it anymore!  It has been three weeks now.  It is so dirty to me, BUT the use of Adams has definitely extended the level of shine.  Really if you look at it only the windows look really bad... most people would probably see a shiny car still.  DAMN YOU ADAMS!

Had to redirect some detailing jones...work truck is tight now.

post-14986-0-96093000-1497101294_thumb.jpg

Came home and I thought she had gotten a car wash! The drizzle basically rinsed her car clean... I give up... If I can barely tell then she certainly won't. So I'm going to do a Full Detail Saturday.

Wheel cleaner

Tire and rubber

Foam gun

Strip

Clay

Americana

Brilliant Glaze

VRT

H2O GG wheels

Tire Shine

Interior Detail

Leather cleaner

Leather condition

Aerosol glass cleaner

Glass sealant all windows

Should be fun...post-14986-0-13302700-1497317409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rb1274

What the little grey car next to it Ryan?

Came home and I thought she had gotten a car wash! The drizzle basically rinsed her car clean... I give up... If I can barely tell then she certainly won't. So I'm going to do a Full Detail Saturday.

Wheel cleaner

Tire and rubber

Foam gun

Strip

Clay

Americana

Brilliant Glaze

VRT

H2O GG wheels

Tire Shine

Interior Detail

Leather cleaner

Leather condition

Aerosol glass cleaner

Should be fun...attachicon.gifIMG_0499.JPG

Wheel cleaner

Tire and rubber

Foam gun

Strip

Clay

Americana

Brilliant Glaze

VRT

H2O GG wheels

Tire Shine

Interior Detail

Leather cleaner

Leather condition

Aerosol glass cleaner

Should be fun...attachicon.gifIMG_0499.JPG

DON't LET HER WIN...who am I kidding I don't know a guy in the world whose won a battle with his wife.

So I handed her the I pad and had her read our thread... you are all in trouble as well.  Just kidding.  I was expecting some bitchiness or laughter, but I got confusion from her??? She said what is this all about? You were doing what?  and the best comment was.."I don't care if you wash it or not, I doesn't bother me!"  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Moral of the story... your wife probably doesn't notice how hard you work on her car to keep it clean... at least my wife doesn't. Its primarily our source of enjoyment.

So the cat is out of the bag... After all of this the car doesn't look that bad.  Big kudos to Quality Adams Products.  The LPS and American  protected the car amazingly well.  The one morning drizzle we had last week rinsed away most of the dust and grime so easily and I am left with the occasional bird spots.

Excited for the detail this weekend!

Moral of the story... your wife probably doesn't notice how hard you work on her car to keep it clean... at least my wife doesn't. Its primarily our source of enjoyment.

My wife does appreciate a clean car, and let's me know if I have let it get dirty.