Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze vs Coating?

galaxy

Question

OK...sorry, but I had to start a new topic on this one. Just did my first rinseless wash since ceramic coating and found a couple more, extremely light, blotchy or high spots. So I took a tiny bit of brilliant glaze on a foam applicator pad to them and it completely removes those blotchy looking high spots with literally ZERO effort. I know the coating spots are durable because neither rinseless washing nor a shot of waterless on a rag will even make a dent in those spots.

How the heck does brilliant glaze do that? I mean it literally just wipes them away with almost no rubbing or no pressure. I'm sorry, but can't help but think this must be doing something (removing) the coating as well!!

And as for a technique...after leveling with the brilliant glaze and wiping clean, I immediately went back over that individual spot with Boost...you guys agree with that step? Would have done the same thing?

2 answers to this question

Don't know much at all about coatings, but I do know BG has some filling properties. Those, along with the incredible shine it provides, could contribute to this working. At least for a little while. My concern would be the durability of the BG, and you may find yourself continually adding it until/unless you fix the coating. Either way, hope it all works out!

Hi Jon,

Brilliant Glaze has a small amount of solvent in it as well. While it is not super aggressive at all, it does help to remove light haze, in the same way it cuts through haze on the inside of a windshield for example. I've also used Brilliant Glaze out in the hot sun when machine polishing cars at shows to help remove the residue from our other polishes - a little trick that Chris taught me!

It will not remove the ceramic coating itself, but it can remove slightly hazy spots where you may not have fully removed the residue from the coating. If it has been curing for several days, it may not be enough to remove the high spots though.

Going back over the area with Ceramic Boost like you did is perfect!