Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome Wheels What to keep them Shiny

Southern Car Parts

Question

5 answers to this question

Yep, the Ceramic Wheel Coating will keep them protected the best for the longest period of time :)

I would recommend our Wheel Cleaner for a deep cleaning if they need them first.

A more affordable option than the Wheel Coating would be to polish them with either Metal Polish #1 and #2 first, then seal with Paint Sealant or H2O Guard & Gloss for a few months of protection per application.

Brilliant Glaze also works great on chrome to shine it up, but it doesn't add any lasting protection.

I have a new set of Chrome wheels on my Envoy. Some SS 20 inch chromes and want to keep them shiny. Let me know what to use.

I hope i dont sound like an idiot, but im not sure what ss rims are. I will say that on both of my tahoe's that i have had, the chrome looking wheels are clear coated. So you would use clay bar, paint polish and whatever style paint protection works for you(wax is not good on wheels, doesnt last because of the heat). You def dont want to use metal polish if they are clear coated.

If they are true aluminum or what not, spend a lot of time polishing them, make them perfect and i would coat them, because true aluminum needs constant upkeep. I do the fire truck's wheels at work, and it takes about an hour per wheel, and thats if they are in good shape, but they come out looking like mirrors!

post-15891-0-29918600-1496800332_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-32772400-1496800341_thumb.jpg

I hope i dont sound like an idiot, but im not sure what ss rims are. I will say that on both of my tahoe's that i have had, the chrome looking wheels are clear coated. So you would use clay bar, paint polish and whatever style paint protection works for you(wax is not good on wheels, doesnt last because of the heat). You def dont want to use metal polish if they are clear coated.

If they are true aluminum or what not, spend a lot of time polishing them, make them perfect and i would coat them, because true aluminum needs constant upkeep. I do the fire truck's wheels at work, and it takes about an hour per wheel, and thats if they are in good shape, but they come out looking like mirrors!

SS = Stainless Steel?