Customer Service 866.965.0400

NYC Vacation--Parking in Manhattan

galaxy

Planning a stop for a day or 2 in Manhattan to do the total tourist thing.  I've done some homework getting tips and advice and such, but for this thread I'm mainly focused on parking!  

I've received more than one recommendation on a good self parking garage near Lincoln Center.  Any of you guys familiar or agree?

Or do you by chance know of a chain hotel in Manhattan somewhere (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, etc), that may have good, fairly roomy, self park?  

Parking is pretty much #1 priority.  I've been warned to stay clear of valet parking cause they'll literally do bumper to bumper, and, well...no one else is driving my car either, so...

What say you guys?

Yes...was already given the advice to park it and leave it.  Trying to squeeze in enough in two days to worry about parking every time we go to move.

Looking at the Crowne Plaza Times Square at 1605 Broadway.  Pretty darn central to what we want to do, and prices are in line with anything else in that area of the city.  They have on site parking and also have oversized/SUV parking.  May even pay the extra for that just to have the larger, roomier spot.

Ya know, actually until this thread, no one had mentioned that. A rental car is out since this is one stop on s linger vacation, but is there a great, safe parking alternative outside the city somewhere? And then get public transportation or Uber in from there?

Jon, you said fairly roomy? You're talking about NY, there is nothing fairly roomy there, unless you live in a penthouse!

Planning a stop for a day or 2 in Manhattan to do the total tourist thing.  I've done some homework getting tips and advice and such, but for this thread I'm mainly focused on parking!  

I've received more than one recommendation on a good self parking garage near Lincoln Center.  Any of you guys familiar or agree?

Or do you by chance know of a chain hotel in Manhattan somewhere (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, etc), that may have good, fairly roomy, self park?  

Parking is pretty much #1 priority.  I've been warned to stay clear of valet parking cause they'll literally do bumper to bumper, and, well...no one else is driving my car either, so...

What say you guys?

OK...recommendations on long term parking outside the city then ?

I'd be coming in from the west on 78 like through Jersey City and Secaucus. I don't disagree with you guys and would be fine parking elsewhere and public trans or Uber into the city. Wasn't gonna drive around anyways.

OK...I think I have a plan.  Battery Parking Garage on Greenwich has been recommended numerous times.  Stay at the Millennium Hilton on Church St just a few blocks away.  Thoughts on these two spots?  My head hurts from shopping and planning...I just need to make a decision.  What say ye?

Unless there was an awesome parking plan for outside the city...but I'm not keen on parking outside the city and leaving her.  I am going to check on a rental, but for the whole vacation, that may be cost prohibitive.  

given your situation (i am not a new yorker, but have been there with and without a car) i would suggest parking at the hotel (again, assuming you've verified there is parking there) and forget about the car until you are ready to hit the road, even if that's later in the day after check out.  

if you have two days to spend in NY, why worry about parking, even a crap car, and spending precious time doing it?  seriously, i wouldn't waste one minute on parking on a trip like that.   stow it at the hotel, and go enjoy the city via subway, hoofing it, ubers, or regular old cabs. 

across the river in Jersey City is a very safe garage, i know because i park in it everyday for work.  I think the daily rate is about $25.  Its a self park about 6 levels and you can get a spot on the upper levels where no one is near you. Its called the Newport North Garage.  I've parked there for many years and zero dings damage or issues.

it is a quick PATH train ride, about 10-15 minutes depending on where you get off in the city, and the garage is a 2 minute walk from the PATH station, Newport, in Jersey City.

https://nycparking.spplus.com/jersey-city-561-washington-boulevard-parking.html

if you are interested PM me and I can give you more details if needed.

OK...I think I have a plan.  Battery Parking Garage on Greenwich has been recommended numerous times.  Stay at the Millennium Hilton on Church St just a few blocks away.  Thoughts on these two spots?  My head hurts from shopping and planning...I just need to make a decision.  What say ye?

Unless there was an awesome parking plan for outside the city...but I'm not keen on parking outside the city and leaving her.  I am going to check on a rental, but for the whole vacation, that may be cost prohibitive.