Customer Service 866.965.0400

Firearms Thread

SumBeach35

***This statement serves as a firm warning to keep politics and religion out of the thread. Any post containing either will be removed.***

This thread is for those on the forum who enjoy firearms, and anything self defense related.

Just received my Every Day Carry(EDC) pistol and holsters back from a local holster maker.

My EDC pistol is a S&W M&P 40c with StreamLight TLR-4G.

post-14655-0-58911000-1497127066_thumb.jpg

I have always been a big fan of S&W M&P pistols but there are plenty of other manufacturers I would gladly use.

New Holster is a 2 in 1 kydex paddle holster in the kryptek pattern. Can be worn IWB or OWB.

post-14655-0-16008400-1497127192_thumb.jpg

post-14655-0-48687400-1497127279_thumb.jpg

Modified Alien Gear Holster, needs some revisions but this has been my favorite IWB holster I have ever worn.

post-14655-0-53808100-1497127410_thumb.jpg

Appendix carry rig- T5 custom kydex, FDE carbon fiber w/ mag slot.

post-14655-0-05300000-1497127432_thumb.jpg

I don't use this due to comfort. Maybe if I ever lose all the weight the Dr. says I should it will be comfortable. :lol:

My Taurus revolver is away being cerakoted and fitted for a pocket holster. Pics to follow.

I also have plans to build a long distance rifle, as well as an AR-15 but due to NYS laws I have been putting it off.

Other guns in my collection:

Mossberg .308

Marlin .22lr

Maverick 12g short barrel

Let see what everyone else has. Post up pictures.

Very cool. My buddy has that same pstol. I have 2 glocks. G23 (which is a compact .40 probably similar to yours, holds 13+1) and a G43 (super mini .9, holds 6+1)

Also have 2 shotguns and 2 Ar's.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by Nickfire20

I shot pistol in competition at the national level for a long time,hold a classification of high master also hunt with handgun,bow and muzzle loader

3 1911 ,45s (explains my screen name)I built two of them,one on a Caspian frame and one on a Les Baer frame(my main competition guns)

S&W mod, 41 .22

S&W 422

Ruger single six .22

Ruger GP100 .357

Super Redhawk .44 mag

Thompson Contender  .35 Rem & .223 barrels

4 shotguns including a nice browning pump and my mossberg 31/2" mag turkey gun

a few rifles including an old Marlin 30-30 and a sweet little browning 22 and my muzzle loader

All I can think of right now lol

Edited by 1911A1

I have had a permit for almost 10 years but never bought one. Have gone numerous times to the range and have had a lot of fun. One of these days I will buy one. I have 2 that is am looking at acquiring.... S&W M&P and a 1911.

I'll have to post more pics when I touch ground again, but my EDC is a Beretta Nano. My wife does not carry on her person but Florida allows a concealed gun in a vehicle without a permit, so she uses a Glock .380 for that purpose.

I also own twin Ruger 10/.22s for mine and her range use. 

Hunting rifles consist of a Marlin 30/30 (my first rifle when I turned 16), and I have a Winchester pump action 30-06 which was a college graduation gift from my uncle. 

I also have a near finished AR-15 build that consists of mainly BCM and Palmetto Armory pieces.

As a side relating to self defense, I also have 2 beefy mutts that are scarier than most guns when it comes to intruders lol.

post-14423-0-03237900-1497143210_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mariner

Awesome Thread!

I have a ruger p85 and a ruger p45

Wife has taurus 380 and a smith 9mm

Marliln 22 magnum, winchester 30-30, mossburg 12 guage shotgun.

These are weapons we shoot, i have few old long rifles that where my grandfather.

Sorry no pictures.

I have several pistols and rifles and shotguns.  Most were my brother's and dad's (old).  Couldn't tell you the last time the big guns were fired, but I have my carry permit too. So does my wife, but she'd probably shoot herself in the foot before she hit anything. :lol:

This is a cool idea for a thread, I'll share some of what I own. I'm always buying, selling, and trading at a local gun show. Here's some of the stuff I have pictures of on my phone.

post-8415-0-20689800-1497264342_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-87217300-1497264378_thumb.jpg

Glock 43 with night sights, upgraded trigger pull and in a G Code Incog holster, carried 99% of the time.

post-8415-0-33645700-1497264636_thumb.jpg

Top to bottom:

Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec

Beretta 92 A1

Glock 19 Trijicon Night sights, upgraded trigger.

Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm

Ruger LCP Custom

On the left is a 1961 Smith and Wesson Model 10 Cincinnati police issue 38, I have the original grips for it but much nicer to shoot with the ones pictured.

post-8415-0-62834500-1497265110_thumb.jpg

Latest acquisition is this Bushmaster QRC I traded for. Not a bad rifle, not shot much.

post-8415-0-41937400-1497265265_thumb.jpg

Benelli Supernova Tactical, great pump gun.

Not pictured, Henry 45-70, Mossberg 930 SPX, PSA built AR 5.56 with 18 inch barrel, S&W 686. These are the guns that have stayed around the longest, if I'm not happy with one I'll sell or trade it at the gun show pretty quick.

This is a cool idea for a thread, I'll share some of what I own. I'm always buying, selling, and trading at a local gun show. Here's some of the stuff I have pictures of on my phone.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170610_214549181.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170610_214527763.jpg

Glock 43 with night sights, upgraded trigger pull and in a G Code Incog holster, carried 99% of the time.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160123_151701792.jpg

Top to bottom:

Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec

Beretta 92 A1

Glock 19 Trijicon Night sights, upgraded trigger.

Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm

Ruger LCP Custom

On the left is a 1961 Smith and Wesson Model 10 Cincinnati police issue 38, I have the original grips for it but much nicer to shoot with the ones pictured.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170612_064029300.jpg

Latest acquisition is this Bushmaster QRC I traded for. Not a bad rifle, not shot much.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150331_210911408.jpg

Benelli Supernova Tactical, great pump gun.

Not pictured, Henry 45-70, Mossberg 930 SPX, PSA built AR 5.56 with 18 inch barrel, S&W 686. These are the guns that have stayed around the longest, if I'm not happy with one I'll sell or trade it at the gun show pretty quick.

What kind of night sights on the G43? Also you mentioned upgraded trigger, what does that do for you? The reason i ask, is because i have a tendency to shoot low with my 43(and im sure its an obvious reason, im trying to push the recoil away).

What kind of night sights on the G43? Also you mentioned upgraded trigger, what does that do for you? The reason i ask, is because i have a tendency to shoot low with my 43(and im sure its an obvious reason, im trying to push the recoil away).

I have Tru glow tritium night sights, a local gun shop always has free install with purchase of them. They are fairly bright at night, I'll try to get a picture tonight of them.

The trigger is called a ghost trigger kit, the connector is a drop in part that essentially makes the pull smoother. Most people say the trigger pull is 2 pounds less as well.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/connector-parts/trigger-connector-for-glock-42-43-prod78352.aspx

Very cool. My buddy has that same pstol. I have 2 glocks. G23 (which is a subcompact .40 probably similar to yours, holds 13+1) and a G43 (super mini .9, holds 6+1)

Also have 2 shotguns and 2 Ar's.

not to split hairs, but the 23 is the "compact" .40SW glock, whereas the 27 is the "subcompact."    either way, a great model to carry

• 11 months later...

Main thing for me when I have purchased a safe is, fire resistance and how many bolts are in the door. If you are also storing documents in the safe, fire resistance is very important and if you put those documents in a oven bags for roasting turkeys will also help protect them. This is the one I have.

http://www.amsecusa.com/product/rf6528/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question....if I have a Glock 19, is a 17 worth it? Looking for something a little more OWB and tactical for some upcoming classes/training.  I’m thinking not enough of a difference to justify. Anyone own both. My gut is split 50/50.  The other half is saying use the 19 cause they’re too close and just get a new gen5 34 instead ;)

spesking of which...on the new gen5 website, if you scroll down through the new features, it only references the 17 and the 19. Why doesn’t it mention all of them? 

For many years I have purchased gunsmith supplies and firearms parts and accessories from Brownells. I can have shipped to my door in a day or lucky enough they are less then an hour drive away. I cannot drive past the store/warehouse without stopping! Guess it would be the same if I was living in Colorado near Adams warehouse.

http://www.brownells.com 

th.jpg

Edited by Black Bowtie

1 hour ago, Black Bowtie said:

For many years I have purchased gunsmith supplies and firearms parts and accessories from Brownells. I can have shipped to my door in a day or lucky enough they are less then an hour drive away. I cannot drive past the store/warehouse without stopping! Guess it would be the same if I was living in Colorado near Adams warehouse.

Yep, good to live where we do when it comes to Brownells!

And I am glad I dont live near Adams :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 10:55 PM, galaxy said:

Question....if I have a Glock 19, is a 17 worth it? Looking for something a little more OWB and tactical for some upcoming classes/training.  I’m thinking not enough of a difference to justify. Anyone own both. My gut is split 50/50.  The other half is saying use the 19 cause they’re too close and just get a new gen5 34 instead ;)

spesking of which...on the new gen5 website, if you scroll down through the new features, it only references the 17 and the 19. Why doesn’t it mention all of them? 

It depends, if the 19 is a great fit in your hand then why get a larger frame gun? I say go to the store and handle/shoot a 17 and if it's worth the difference.  There's nothing wrong with a 19 for owb and for use during classes. The last couple classes I've done were with my 19 Gen 4 running pmag Glock 17 mags. I tend to have better control of the 19 frame for shooting at distances above 25 yds.  

Currently I still have a Glock 22 which is the same size as the 19 just in .40.  Great gun just not my choice for taking a class. I actually shot a 34 a couple weeks ago and they are definitely nice if you can swing one!

On 6/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, Black Bowtie said:

th.jpg

Brownells sure has changed from their original location.....stopped into the new location and was floored....

Had to go get a few Maid Rites then to recover from how the little place has grown......