Customer Service 866.965.0400

newbie getting started questions

sb66

Question

Hi everyone

I just received my first installment of Adam's products and I wanted to ask a newbie type question about the proper order.  Please bear with me as I try to get this right.

I was going to start with the shampoo - I saw the video - right in the sunlight - I am trusting him on that.

Then I was going to use the new clay bar with detail spray   ( following a drying with air and new waffle towel).   Now the next two I want to be sure about  - I have the correcting polish and the liquid paint seal.  Do I use the correcting polish then the paint seal? 

does the order of all of this sound correct?

any help would be greatly appreciated - (Sunday night cruise coming and I want to be ready)

thanks very much

Sean

The order is perfect. Some thoughts...you might consider a strip wash first vs. normal wash. It'll remove any residual waxes, sealants, etc on the car. Dress the trim with VRT before you start claying to make wiping off residue much easier. And finally, after you polish, wipe the car off with a 50/50 iso alcohol/water mix (blue waffle towels work great) to remove polish/clay residue.

Good luck, and post some pics when done!

I've never heard of the 50/50 iso / water mix..... I hope I didn't cause any problems.

My process:  

-Car shampoo then dry

-Detail spray / visco clay 

-Revive hand polish

-Patriot Wax

In between the steps, I didn't do any rinsing, I assume I should have...eek.

I'm going to be going over the car AGAIN this weekend since I left out LPS and just ordered that....is it possible to detail the car too many times in a row? Lol! 

I've never heard of the 50/50 iso / water mix..... I hope I didn't cause any problems.

My process:  

-Car shampoo then dry

-Detail spray / visco clay 

-Revive hand polish

-Patriot Wax

In between the steps, I didn't do any rinsing, I assume I should have...eek.

I'm going to be going over the car AGAIN this weekend since I left out LPS and just ordered that....is it possible to detail the car too many times in a row? Lol! 

don't worry about the 50/50 mix that you said you didn't do....some people are more particular than most....the 50/50 rinse won't affect anything ie: making the shine look better after application etc....

No, you probably didn't hurt anything, don't worry. And re: Chris' comment, it's true is doesn't necessarily make the shine look better. However, what it will do is ensure you remove all polish oil residue before applying a sealant and/or wax. You don't want any residue showing through or affecting their performance. I've read up on Revive, including suggestions of using it to remove LSPs, but from what I've also seen many others prefer stronger methods. Plenty of other threads on this topic (here and here, being examples), so feel free to read up and decide for yourself if it's worth the time. Coming up with your own detailing methods is what makes this fun. To me, who's honestly not that particular - I haven't been able to wash my daily in weeks :o  :wacko: - it's well worth the time, effort, and minimal cost.

As for going back over your car again, there's probably no need to reclay. However, PS works best when applied to a naked paint surface. That said, I'd recommend you strip wash the car before doing anything more. If you don't have SW, you could used liquid blue Dawn (warning - not everyone likes this, but it does work!) or add a few ounces of APC to your CS, and wash the car. After the strip wash, if you decide not to do any further paint correction, add the PS, then any waxes/glazes. For more on what you could use, to include layering products, read this article.

Good luck! Post some pics when you're done.