• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 dmaleck

dmaleck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Hello all, I have been using Adam's for almost a year now and everything I use is absolutely fantastic, It's actually become somewhat of an addiction :).

One question I have in regards to the leather conditioner...It really doesn't smell like leather to me, the best way I could describe the smell is if you were walking through the gardening section and home depot and walked past the rubber water hoses. Has a very distinct chemical smell. Is it possible that I just got a bad one?

I want to condition the leather in my 2017 XC90, the original leather smells fantastic and I don't want to lose that smell, if I use Adams conditioner it will definitely hide the original smell.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#2 pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

That seems a little strange, I checked both my containers and it smells just like walking into a good leather store. 

Did you give it a shake before you took a sniff? Just checking. 

If not call Adams on monday and speak to someone there, the customer service is by far the best around. If there is a problem, they WILL make it right. 

#3 dmaleck

dmaleck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yeh, I gave it a good shake, 2 guys at work agreed with me in that it smells like a watering hose. I'll give them a call, I know their customer service is the best I've ever seen!

#4 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Mine smells fantastic, but it only last for a day or 2 in the car, then my new car smell takes back over 😳☺

Edited by Nickfire20, 11 June 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Mariner

Mariner

Crazy Sailor

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Mine smells fantastic, but it only last for a day or 2 in the car, then my new car smell takes back over ☺

Mine hardly lasts a car ride, but dang I spend most of my time applying it just sniffing the bottle!

• Nickfire20 likes this

#6 dmaleck

dmaleck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Maybe my nose is broken? I love the smell of every other product Adam's has...

#7 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Maybe my nose is broken? I love the smell of every other product Adam's has...

Even the Wheel Cleaner?! Maybe your nose is broken. :wacko:
  • Michael1, ExcellentAmp and Nickfire20 like this

#8 Ls1transam

Ls1transam

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

The wheel cleaner literally chokes me. I can barely use it.

#9 Ls1transam

Ls1transam

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

The conditioner smells like a new leather jacket to me. You might want to try another bottle. Or maybe your body receives the smell different than others. You may never like the smell.

#10 dmaleck

dmaleck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Ok, maybe not Wheel Cleaner. haha

The conditioner smells like a new leather jacket to me. You might want to try another bottle. Or maybe your body receives the smell different than others. You may never like the smell.

I'll give Adam's a call tomorrow, I don't think I have ever smelt a leather jacket that smells like my bottle.

• falcaineer likes this

#11 Rich

Rich

Detailing Addict

• Moderators
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

I use it all the time.  Smells like new car leather to me.  Maybe your smeller is broke!   :lol:

• Nickfire20 likes this

2013 427 60th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CORVETTE :
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe

#12 red94chev

red94chev

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I love the leather conditioner and the I don't mind the wheel cleaner at all, I must be insane!

#13 MyRedCharger08

MyRedCharger08

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

I just bought my 1st bottle of Leather Conditioner . I love the smell, it matches my new 2017 Jeep. I'm having a little trouble though. I used it everywhere, leather seats , dash and door panels. When I rest my arm on the armrest, it wipes away..Is anyone having this same issue? Is it normal to just wipe right off?.Thanks

Edited by MyRedCharger08, 28 August 2017 - 11:47 PM.

• Nickfire20 likes this

#14 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

I think thats my issue too, i have a new 2016 Tahoe, and after driving i see a light spot or 2 on the door panel. I wasn't sure if i was wiping it or my natural skin oil was rubbing and causing discoloration.
  • MyRedCharger08 likes this

#15 ocdrifter

ocdrifter

Master Blaster

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

I think thats my issue too, i have a new 2016 Tahoe, and after driving i see a light spot or 2 on the door panel. I wasn't sure if i was wiping it or my natural skin oil was rubbing and causing discoloration.

I'm blaming your elbow rubbing the door panel, you got to get rid of them bad habits Nick!

• Nickfire20 likes this

#16 TheWolf

TheWolf

Master AF Detailer

• Administrators
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:14 PM

I just bought my 1st bottle of Leather Conditioner . I love the smell, it matches my new 2017 Jeep. I'm having a little trouble though. I used it everywhere, leather seats , dash and door panels. When I rest my arm on the armrest, it wipes away..Is anyone having this same issue? Is it normal to just wipe right off?.Thanks

Are you letting the product dry before resting your arm on the armrest?  If the product is dry, then it should not wipe off, unless there is something else on the plastic that is preventing the Leather Conditioner from soaking in.

Try cleaning the arm rest first with Leather & Interior Cleaner, then apply the Leather Conditioner and let it dry overnight.

2014 Ford Raptor SVT
View on Instagram
IMG 3408 C

#17 MyRedCharger08

MyRedCharger08

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

Hi, Since the Jeep is Brand new, at 1st I didn’t use any cleaner, just put a light coat of conditioner over the entire interior. I then left it alone all night to dry.
The next day drove it and noticed it came off and I reapplied having same results again. So, I used the  leather/Interior cleaner just to make sure it was totally clean and applied another light coat..Dry overnight again..still wiped off..It is not coming off the leather, just the door panels, even wear my knee rests
or hits while I’m driving..

#18 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

I did the exact same...new vehicle and all, same results
  • ocdrifter likes this

#19 TheWolf

TheWolf

Master AF Detailer

• Administrators
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Hi, Since the Jeep is Brand new, at 1st I didn’t use any cleaner, just put a light coat of conditioner over the entire interior. I then left it alone all night to dry.
The next day drove it and noticed it came off and I reapplied having same results again. So, I used the  leather/Interior cleaner just to make sure it was totally clean and applied another light coat..Dry overnight again..still wiped off..It is not coming off the leather, just the door panels, even wear my knee rests
or hits while I’m driving..

Must be something different about that particular plastic on the doors.  Next time try using the Interior Detailer on the doors to see if you get better results.

• MyRedCharger08 and falcaineer like this
2014 Ford Raptor SVT
View on Instagram
IMG 3408 C

#20 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:41 AM

Must be something different about that particular plastic on the doors.  Next time try using the Interior Detailer on the doors to see if you get better results.

Detailer does seem to work better, i forgot to mention that earlier, good catch
  • TheWolf and ocdrifter like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users