Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Leather Conditioner

dmaleck

Question

Hello all, I have been using Adam's for almost a year now and everything I use is absolutely fantastic, It's actually become somewhat of an addiction :).

One question I have in regards to the leather conditioner...It really doesn't smell like leather to me, the best way I could describe the smell is if you were walking through the gardening section and home depot and walked past the rubber water hoses. Has a very distinct chemical smell. Is it possible that I just got a bad one?

I want to condition the leather in my 2017 XC90, the original leather smells fantastic and I don't want to lose that smell, if I use Adams conditioner it will definitely hide the original smell.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I did my first detail on my new truck about a week and a half ago.  I used Adam's interior cleaner on everything even though it was a brand new truck.  I was amazed at how much cleaner the interior looked just after using the cleaner, again, this is a brand new truck with less than 400 miles on it. 

After cleaning the entire interior I used Adam's leather conditioner on the seats, dash, and door panels just as the video shows and the results are nothing short of amazing!!!  Just at a week and a half now since doing the interior the nice new leather smell is still there and all the door panels and dash look amazing!  The key may be using the Adam's interior cleaner prior to applying the leather conditioner and letting it dry as mentioned in order to avoid any streaking or product coming off. 

As a comparison I did the same with my mom's 2014 vehicle and got the same results.  I will add that the interior on her car needed a good amount of elbow grease to get completely clean but the end results have been the same thus far.  Doing her car was kind of a test for me and Adam's products to get a true sense of the effectiveness and ability of the product.  I was and still am truly impressed at how well everything worked and the transformation on the interior of her car!!!

It might suck going back over everything but it might be worth a shot.  With the interior cleaner, it works pretty damn easy so that should help.  Maybe give it a shot cleaning the interior with Adam's interior cleaner and then go back over everything with the leather conditioner and let it sit overnight and see if the results improve?

Hope that feedback helps a little in your quest for that great looking, smelling, and feeling interior!!

Tony

Awesome write up, Tony. Buuutttttt...pics or it didn't happen! ;)

BTW, for tougher jobs, give the LIC a run. Great stuff!

Alright Falcaineer, here is my proof the interior cleaning event actually happened lol.  The pictures really don't do it justice for just how nice this turned out on the inside!

You also brought up a great point about using the Leather & Interior cleaner!  That is the product I actually used and not just interior cleaner, I noticed that after I read back through my post.

MyRedCharger08,

It might be worth giving the SVRT a try on the vinyl and plastic door panels.  You can use a microfiber towel to knock down some of the shine if it is to much for your liking.  I've used this in the past on interior hard plastics and loved how it looked and it lasted for a good long time before needing touched up.

Hope that helps!

Tony

post-16572-0-82810900-1507906928_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-78878200-1507906937_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-38874400-1507906947_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-00729500-1507906958_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-16140400-1507906968_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-52093400-1507906978_thumb.jpg

post-16572-0-09923400-1507906990_thumb.jpg

MyRedCharger08,

At the bottom right of the reply window there is the option called More Reply Options, click on that and scroll down a little.  Now at the bottom left there will be a tab for attaching files.  Click on Browse to select files from your computer and then click Attach This File.  This should post up pics for you.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Thanks, here is the issue I was having using the Leather Conditioner on my Vinyl / plastic door panels. I tried every option possible and could not get it to stick..

Thanks

Thats weird, mine left the same types of blotchy marks, but they were up on that textured plastic at the very top of the panel which is the top of your picture.

I have the leather in the same areas as you, but my leather looks excellent.

Door panels are not leather, seats are leather, center arm rest is leather, steering wheel wrapped in leather, but door panels and arm rest is vinyl. Unless you have a very expensive car, most are vinyl. The suede inserts are not real leather suede either..thats where my arm rests and my leg hits the door panel..

Alright Falcaineer, here is my proof the interior cleaning event actually happened lol.  The pictures really don't do it justice for just how nice this turned out on the inside!

You also brought up a great point about using the Leather & Interior cleaner!  That is the product I actually used and not just interior cleaner, I noticed that after I read back through my post.

MyRedCharger08,

It might be worth giving the SVRT a try on the vinyl and plastic door panels.  You can use a microfiber towel to knock down some of the shine if it is to much for your liking.  I've used this in the past on interior hard plastics and loved how it looked and it lasted for a good long time before needing touched up.

Hope that helps!

Tony

Looks brand new...well done, Tony!

Ok, maybe not WC. haha

I'll give Adam's a call tomorrow, I don't think I have ever smelt a leather jacket that smells like my bottle.

I can smell wheel cleaner in my driveway still days after using it. It has a lasting odor. My leather conditioner doens't smell bad at all. It honestly has zero scent to it.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:58 AM, dbeckC7 said:

I unfortunately had the same result wasn’t sure if it was just me. I applied the leather conditioner and in a couple days there was light spots in areas that I hadn’t touched. So I wasn’t sure if I had to apply it a few times before it took. I’ll keep using it and see if there are any changes. It looks great when I first apply it but after a couple days I get the light spots.

I take it this is the new formula?