Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I Coat the Kid's SUV?

falcaineer

Question

So, it's time to do a full detail the boy's '07 Xterra (Off Road). Of course, it's his daily, sits outside all the time, but it is dark grey and shows well when all "done up." But since he no longer lives at home, his wash routine is...lacking...to say the least. And he rightfully loves to enjoy the back roads of Colorado, often taking it off-roading, fishing, camping, skiing, etc. So it's generally dirty, and he admittedly likes it that way. Bottom line, though, it needs protection from just about everything out there.

My question: do I invest in coatings? I have polishes and sealant on hand and only have the car for a limited time, so I may wait until next time. But what are your thoughts for the future?

:help:

12 answers to this question

Without a picture this thread is worthless lol, isn't that your favorite saying Chris? Coat it, stop wasting time!

So, it's time to do a full detail the boy's '07 Xterra (Off Road). Of course, it's his daily, sits outside all the time, but it is dark grey and shows well when all "done up." But since he no longer lives at home, his wash routine is...lacking...to say the least. And he rightfully loves to enjoy the back roads of Colorado, often taking it off-roading, fishing, camping, skiing, etc. So it's generally dirty, and he admittedly likes it that way. Bottom line, though, it needs protection from just about everything out there.

My question: do I invest in coatings? I have polishes and sealant on hand and only have the car for a limited time, so I may wait until next time. But what are your thoughts for the future?

:help:

I coated my son's car when he went away to school.  It was outside, under pine trees, most of the time, and he never washed it.  I cleaned it when he came home to visit, and since it was coated I could wash it with Shampoo + APC, and not have to worry about removing anything.  

He now has my wife's old car, and I plan to coat it in the fall.

Without a picture this thread is worthless lol, isn't that your favorite saying Chris? Coat it, stop wasting time!

Why yes, it is! And pics to follow once I clean it up. 

I think this is the perfect type of vehicle to coat. Coatings offer the best protection and require less maintenance. How much time do you have with the Xterra?

I have access to it the next couple weekends, but lots going on around the house, not to mention needing to get my car done, too. So time is more limited than I'd like.