Customer Service 866.965.0400

LSP/Americana issue?

el_weedrow

Question

Finally got around to sealing and waxing my truck over the weekend. Naturally it would rain the night that it couldn't be in the garage. I wake up this morning to a wet truck. Everything looks exactly like it should. Good beads/water rolling off. Except the top of my fenders and my hood look completely dead. I'm not entirely sure what has gone wrong. I hit the truck with strip wash with the cannon ect. Clay, coat of brilliant glaze. Then LSP by hand. Waited about an hour then finished with a coat of Americana. The only thing I can think possibly is that my Americana applicator is kinad old and wore out. Maybe it didn't melt the wax initially when I started on the hood?? Any ideas??

7 answers to this question

When you say LSP, are you referring to Adam's Paint Sealant? LSP is usually the abbreviation for Last Step Product, so I just want to be sure. 

More troubleshooting questions:

Did you see the Americana haze up on the hood, and do you have the newer formula Americana in the smaller jar with the blue dye coloring to the wax? If so, it does need about 10 minutes or so to haze up in my experience.

Did you apply in it in sunlight, and what was the temperature like when you applied it?

Yes sir  glazed first like I always have.   I know there is usually a debate over layering but its never given me a problem before.  But as I said I just find it strange its only acting up on the top of the fenders and the hood. The roof/sides/tailgate are perfect.

how old are the products?  possible contamination in those areas.

Yes the layer debate....  I don't layer usually and if i do never that quickly and would only use glaze if i was wanting to add some quick gloss and hide imperfections before a show, cruise, night out, etc.

I would have stuck with the LPS and then on my next maintenance wash topped it with a wax if needed.  Considering this is most likely your daily driver i would top with a sealant like HGG.  Keep that wax for a show car...