Customer Service 866.965.0400

In the middle of a full detail

Rich

So I started with a 3 bucket wash.

post-15-0-10829300-1498517671_thumb.jpg

Blew off the water with the Master Blaster Revolution.  Didn't really need much drying after blowing it off, but wiped any remaining water with the new Ultra Plush Drying Towel (a bit of overkill).

Then broke out the serious stuff. Started with the Visco Clay Bar on the hood first, then roof, and trunk and front end. All went well until I dropped the clay bar right on the cement floor onto some small rocks so it went into the trash.  Fortunately I have another older Adam's gray clay that, if I don't drop this one, will be plenty to finish the car. Clayed it all using Detail Spray, then hit it with the Paint Correcting Polish, Finishing Polish, and a good coat of Patriot, all done with my Swirl Killer combo.

Now, you guys who have known me here since day one, know that I have ALWAYS been a "by hand" guy. So this is my virgin journey with the polishers.  FANTASTIC!  These things are so easy to use and get amazing results.  Now I'm kicking myself in the rear for not switching sooner.   Absolutely love these things. 

Anyhow, the mrs. took a few pics.  I still have the sides to finish up tomorrow, but I'm kind of looking forward to it. 

Dan and Adam, you saw my car under the lights at Rizzos and both commented on how great it looked. That was just hand polish. You should see it NOW!!  WOW!!   Makes me want to take it to a parking lot and just look at it at night.  :lol:

Forgive my nakedness. :rolleyes:

post-15-0-32372400-1498518280_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-32057600-1498518341_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-71371100-1498518366_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-33248100-1498518402_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-62420600-1498518430_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-36773700-1498518462_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-21713000-1498518507_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-61120600-1498518531_thumb.jpg

Who says white doesn't shine??? 

Great job Rich!

The white diamond paint is really popping in the pictures.   :2thumbs:

The Swirl Killers really make any polishing job a task anyone can complete without any difficulty, provided they follow the proper processes.

I had to do a double take to see if Rich finally had a machine.

Yep!  Went the best way and got the Swirl Killer Combo.  These things are both so easy to use.  And I'm no youngster   :oldman:  so vibration was one of the biggest reasons I've stayed away from machines.  I have the PC 7424, but it would kill my shoulder and arms with the vibrations.  The Swirl Killers .........barely feel a thing.  I'm a happy guy now. 

looks great - love the creeper chair, what is it?  My old knees like it a lot...

The chair is old.  It's a Craftsman, but I've seen similar everywhere.  It's like this one.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Shop-Garage-Rolling-Padded-Mechanics-Creeper-Seat-Stool-w-Tool-Tray/162541389020

The chair is old.  It's a Craftsman, but I've seen similar everywhere.  It's like this one.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Shop-Garage-Rolling-Padded-Mechanics-Creeper-Seat-Stool-w-Tool-Tray/162541389020

My PDR guy has one that he loves - I am going to have to ask him where he got it when I see him next.  It sits lower and has a bigger 'butt' in it.

Rich .. it came out beautiful. 

I have friends tell me how to do you make white shine like your G8 .. well I should send them your thread! 

She looks stunning the white diamond paint pops nice!  

Did the Vette today to get ready for a show on Sunday.  Comment from my mrs ,  " I never thought white could shine like this".  

That's good enough for me.  There's one guy who beats me every year at this show (he's the one with all the chrome and extras).  Maybe my little white simple Vette will dazzle them with her sparkle this year. It's the only "show" I do.  Won second two years ago. Didn't win anything last year.  Wish me luck.