Customer Service 866.965.0400

how much soap do you put in the foam gun

pogipogi

Question

Hi Steven, for the Foam Gun I use about 2oz of our Blue Car Shampoo, with the rest of the canister filled with water.

For the Foam Cannon, I will use about 3-4oz as it does require a bit more to get a thick layer of foam.

I just remixed the Foam Gum solution this past weekend, and had to look this thread up!

From my other thread 'Always ready' foaming solution

I was getting ready the use my Adam's foam gun this morning and thought 'hey, you have a gallon container of Car Wash mixed at wash strength (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/4606.htm), why not do the same for the foamer'! So I filled an empty Car Wash Shampoo gallon jug with 96 oz of water and 18 oz of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo (per Dylan's recommendation of 32 oz to 6-8 oz of shampoo). If I want thicker foam I can add a little more shampoo to the foam gun canister.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

premixedCarWash008.jpg

Do you usually put the soap in first the fill it with water or do you you fill it with water than soap?

First water, then soap. Then shake the bottle some. If you do it in the other order, you'll end up with waaaaayyyyyyy too many suds.  :o

I fill it with just soap and go.

Just kidding :lolsmack: I do want to try that sometime though. I normally use about 2-3 oz on customers cars, 3-4 oz on more important cars.

I think we'd all like to see pics of the experiment, Nathan. :rockon: But keep in mind, that's 2 bottles of soap in one go if using the premium size FG:o

I fill it with just soap and go.

Just kidding :lolsmack: I do want to try that sometime though. I normally use about 2-3 oz on customers cars, 3-4 oz on more important cars.

good to know you use 2-3oz on customer cars. I'm trying to open up a car detailing business. Curious on what you charge for a basic wash and what's included as well as a mini detail if you don't mind me asking.

I started filling my foam gun with warm/hot waster. Not hot enough to burn your skin, but like a hot shower. I then add my soap and give it a little shake. I think it helps the soap mix easier. By the time I get all my other items out and buckets prepped, the water in the gun is closer to ambient temp. That way im not worried about accidently striping any protection off my vehicles. 

I started filling my foam gun with warm/hot waster. Not hot enough to burn your skin, but like a hot shower. I then add my soap and give it a little shake. I think it helps the soap mix easier. By the time I get all my other items out and buckets prepped, the water in the gun is closer to ambient temp. That way im not worried about accidently striping any protection off my vehicles.

Warm or hot water definitely helps mix the soap and water.

Might just be me, but I noticed I get more foam when I use hot water in the foam cannon.

Warm or hot water definitely helps mix the soap and water.

Might just be me, but I noticed I get more foam when I use hot water in the foam cannon.

Good tip, gents! :thumbsup: I'll try this out. Edited by falcaineer

I think we'd all like to see pics of the experiment, Nathan. :rockon: But keep in mind, that's 2 bottles of soap in one go if using the premium size FG. :o

I go big or go home and buy the gallon of car shampoo!

good to know you use 2-3oz on customer cars. I'm trying to open up a car detailing business. Curious on what you charge for a basic wash and what's included as well as a mini detail if you don't mind me asking.

Most of my customers cars are not in perfect condition, so I don’t need to use tons of foam, 2-3 oz is usually enough to be plenty safe, while also having enough foam on the car so it won’t drip off. I would definitely check your area, but I currently charge $25-30 depending on how dirty it is and what size. A wash includes a safe wash, wheels, tires, wheel wells, tires dressed, and if they have nice exhaust tips I clean those too. On all my details I clean both sides of the glass, no point of having an interior detail and having the inside glass clean, when the outside glass is dirty.

Not sure what you mean by mini detail, but if I am doing a wash n seal or wash n wax I will wash all the outside, do all the glass, ALWAYS do the door jams, and then seal or wax the paint, dress tires. It’s all in the details.

A little tip if you have to do rinseless or waterless then use a 2 or 3 gallon sprayer filled with water so you can clean the wheels and tires. Using APC instead of wheel cleaner and tire and rubber cleaner save a lot of money because most cars don’t need those strong chemicals.

Edited by Nathan

On 1/29/2018 at 10:30 PM, funkymonkey1111 said:

i go 5:1 (general 10oz water to 2 oz soap) with warm water.   That's enough for a normal passenger car for me.   Pick a ratio and adjust according to your desired output

If you’re using a bucket, then make sure that you fill it up all the way to the top so that it will be full of foam when you’re done. If you’re using a plastic container or jugs, then try to fill the device halfway.

After filling up your bucket or container with water, add soap to it and then swirl everything together until it’s mixed properly.