Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question on ceramic products

Texas Moe

Question

Wife is getting a new car soon.  I'm thinking about starting off right and using the ceramic coatings on the paint, trim and wheels.  My question is, can I buy the kit for the paint and then just add the bottles of ceramic coating for the trim and wheels?  In other words, do I have to buy the whole kits for all three?  I've got a lot of Tire & Rubber cleaner for the trim but I didn't know if the other kits had something different for the coating prep than what is in the ceramic paint kit.

Thanks and God Bless America!

6 answers to this question

You could do it that way, I would just add two extra application blocks, another bottle or two of coating prep. Also remember to throw out the towels you use to buff off the coating.

Follow the steps for each of them. And remember prep is key to getting great results.

Edited by SumBeach35

I believe the hardness rating is different for the three different coatings. I believe it goes trim, paint and wheel with each getting harder.

You can probably use paint coating on all three but I bet Adam's would recommend using each for it's intended purpose.

Trim Coating is a little softer because some trim is flexible. Wheel coating is harder because of the abuse wheels take...

I believe the hardness rating is different for the three different coatings. I believe it goes trim, paint and wheel with each getting harder.

You can probably use paint coating on all three but I bet Adam's would recommend using each for it's intended purpose.

Trim Coating is a little softer because some trim is flexible. Wheel coating is harder because of the abuse wheels take...

Hey Beemer, my Texas brother.  I wasn't very clear in my original post.  I'm definitely going to buy the three different ceramic coatings.  What I was wondering was if the other products (besides the coatings) in the three kits were similar enough that I just had to by one kit.  

I did this recently.

I already had a 16oz Boost, tire and rubber cleaner and I had two smaller coating preps so I just bought the wheel coating to use on a customer's truck.

Saved me a few dollars and keeps me from having too much product around waiting to be used.