Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick or....

Olgrey93

Question

So I have decided that it is time to add some air power to my arsenal. I like how the sidekick is small. I would use it to just blow out water from body lines and such. How does it compare to the smaller blaster.

19 answers to this question

The sidekick will work to blow water out of body panels.  Drying an entire vehicle with it would take some time though.  We use our sidekick mostly for blowing out interiors under seats and within interior panels.  For exterior work we use the Master Blaster Revolution.  The addiction to the right tool for the job is strong.

I just bought a sidekick a few weeks ago. As others have mentioned, its not made to dry the whole car. Itll be faster and easier to just use a towel for that. However, it does work wonders when removing all the water from all the little spots it hides in. Especially, trunk lines, rim lug nuts, and sideview mirrors. Now I dont have to come back half an hour later to wipe off those little water lines. It makes drying my rims so much easier, plus you can safely use it for other uses. This past weekend I used it to dry my dog after a bath. She actually enjoyed it lol. Since its a very small, its not a hassle to be taking it out and plugging it in, and getting its accessories ready, and so forth... You just pick it up, plug it in, and dry. 

The adams version comes with a longer cord compared to the original version which is only like 2 or 3 feet. At first, I preferred the thought of the cord connection not touching the wet floor, but after using it, I found this wasnt an issue. Unless you are drying your car with puddles of water on the floor, you should be ok. 

The sidekick will work awesome for what you are going to use it for. For drying a whole vehicle it works but I recommend the master blaster revolution.

i agree!  if you have disposable income, go for the big boy MB but if you use the sidekick for anything other than drying the entire car, its perfect

I love my Sidekick, works great for the mirrors and all that, I have kinda done the entire vehicle, but not normally. I wash outside and usually dont have to worry too much about drying it. Quite often thou I am doing waterless type washes so there is even less issue for me. 

If you do a lot of rinseless or waterless (Or rinseless made into waterless) washes then I think the sidekick would be the perfect addition. 

I cant justify the price of a master blaster either. For 400 bucks, I can get the sidekick and a small and proven electric leafblower, and still have about 300 dollars left to spare. Just makes no sense unless using a towel is too much of a hassle for you, or you detail cars for a living.

But even worse than the price, is the long hose. Its just too much of a hassle to be carrying around so much material when a drying towel will do just fine. At least the sidekick is a lot easier to handle and move around, but thats just my opinion.

I have a sidekick and I never use it. Nice tool, but I just towel dry everything. I can't justify the master blaster either. Worst thing that happens is I paint correct once a year.. not too bad IMO.

Duuuhhhhhh, be nice or don't play at all and pay close attention because it's obvious that Kevin was talking about his master blaster for drying the vehicle...the clue is it's the last word he used "BLASTER" duuhhhhh!

duhhh, that's not its intended purpose!

Duuuhhhhhh, be nice or don't play at all and pay close attention because it's obvious that Kevin was talking about his master blaster for drying the vehicle...the clue is it's the last word he used "BLASTER" duuhhhhh!

my bad....ha, be nice or don't play at all.  Dang, duhhh must be a bad word!