Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Team: Qs about Gallons

I hope they do indeed make the ON a gallon size.  I know that we have been asking for it since it first released.  I actually can't believe that nothing has been said about it either way, other than it is being presented to the higher ups for consideration. 

Maybe it is one of those products that costs too much to make in gallon size? I can't imagine why it would, but maybe, I don't pretend to know how much it costs Adams to make any product.

Or maybe the profits are just much larger when sold in 16 oz bottles, and because the demand is there, why lose profits by selling a gallon size that would return less revenue? 

I just hope they would tell us something one way or another.  We all know the demand is there, I would say it is probably in as much demand as Pumpkin Spice Detail Spray, if not more, and we all know that is one of the most demanded products.

• 3 weeks later...

It would almost seem worth while to custom fill orders as requested, on these particular orders. That way you’re. It stocking items you won’t sell lots of, but are available to provide what they need too. It’s tough for huge organizations to provide this service, that is one of the places small to medium businesses shine

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

We use it on pretty much every detail we do. Add to that the wife likes to swipe some for use around the house and it’s a vicious combo. Sometimes it’s easier to just have a gallon and refill the bottle.

I like it in the house too!  We have four dogs though...granted three are poodles so no shedding, and the Doberman is not smelly, but still when it is wet out and they roll all over the carpet...

On 11/2/2017 at 10:00 PM, TexWalker said:

It would almost seem worth while to custom fill orders as requested, on these particular orders. That way you’re. It stocking items you won’t sell lots of, but are available to provide what they need too. It’s tough for huge organizations to provide this service, that is one of the places small to medium businesses shine

What if they took your theory and instead of totally custom doing it which would slow down order procesing and shipping due to needing to wait for someone to fill and setup those bottles, they just ran it a few times a year in small batch? Almost like a group buy type setup but a little bigger. This way the overstock doesnt get huge but those who want it can still have it. 

• 7 months later...
On 10/8/2017 at 12:28 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

That photo is actually from my shop! I called and inquired about getting some sizes of product I wanted to stock in order to be able to inventory more easily and such. So they put together some sizes. Give them a call and have a conversation to ask for what you’d like. It’s not all on the website. Ben was awesome in helping me put together that order.

Shane,

I tried emailing and even calling them asking if they would hook me up with a gallon, but couldn’t make it happen. I’d be okay with a $50 gallon all day. I think I’ve bought 3 bottles already. That’s $50 plus shipping I’ve spent on ON in just about a year. That is where I am getting killed cost wise. I am left looking for another alternative. Anyone got any suggestions for a good replacement product please PM me. I love ON and it works great, but can not justify the cost.

Rich that’s a good point. I need to check into that. But it would still be so much more expensive than a gallon. I cannot believe I am so focused on this. I guess it’s the first time I’ve really felt the need to push something with Adams from a suggestion perspective and follow through with it. I am passionate about ON in gallon size. I’m also semi-passionate about them doing the gallon refill kit again:)

4 hours ago, Boostedlude said:

I am thinking like a member above, the profits are probably very good on the 16 ounces vs releasing a gallon size.

Per ounce, you’re correct. For those of us who consume product in volume it’s a different story. 

If we can’t buy in bulk sizes to keep our inventory costs and number of products down (space isn’t unlimited) I will search for an alternative elsewhere. It has happened before (unfortunately even to Adams as one of our suppliers). We no longer use certain products due to the inability to buy larger quantities. Polishes are the best example. Adams went from 16 ounces at $29.99 to 8 ounces at $19.99. So half the product at two-thirds the price. That was the catalyst to starting a search for new product. We settled on one as can buy in 32 ounce quantities (or even a gallon) at a time. So Adams may make more per ounce with the smaller size, but sometimes they lose the entire sale. 

Sizes matter. For most an 8 ounce bottle of polish is fine. It doesn’t fit into our model where we are detailing for dollars. Less frequent orders, less risk of running out of product and better pricing are all benefits of the larger sizes.