Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st time paint corrector

Red Rambler

Question

Hello all. I purchased the PC from Adams over a year ago and purchased the orange/white paint correction kit with the pads and all the polish. I keep reading that there is a new and much improved formula for the paint correction, orange/white. What makes it so much better than the old? Would it be worth my time to purchase the new polish? I have over 1/2 of a bottle of the orange and 3/4 of the white left.

Here is my truck I'm working on. It's an 01 dodge 2500. It was a farm truck in its previous life but was taken care of. It does have many swirl marks/scratches that I am currently working out.

post-13084-0-52743300-1499829312_thumb.jpg

Yes, you can skip it. I would unless you find that you need to do more correction. But normally I skip from the correcting compound (blue) to the finishing polish (white).

Also yes, that wipe down is used to remove polish residue before applying a sealant, however, Adams finishing polish kind of preps the surface so you don’t need to do that with Adams, only if you want or are applying a ceramic coating.

Thanks Nathan. I will for sure give it a go. If your doing say a hood, and stepping down hitting all colors of polish takes a while. Not looking to cut corners but rather not waste product as well as save time, just wanted to ensure it wasnt a no no.

Thanks Nathan. I will for sure give it a go. If your doing say a hood, and stepping down hitting all colors of polish takes a while. Not looking to cut corners but rather not waste product as well as save time, just wanted to ensure it wasnt a no no.

Yeah I do it almost all the time. The reason some people use it is because after the heavy correcting compound they still have very light correction to do so they use the correcting polish.

Sexy!  I think I am going to have to do a PC on my work truck now!  

Thanks Ryan, this was my first go at PC, so this was my guinea pig. It has a few dents/dings, so this was the best vehicle to start with. My wife's Subaru is next. I was really surprised though how well it turned out. I'm proud of it!