Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Exhaust Tips

Trevor_Scat_Pack_Shaker

Question

So I have a question about which polish is safe for my tips.  They are

• Titanium Finish T304 Stainless Steel Construction. Slightly darker then typical mirrored stainless.

So its says Titanium "Finish" so I think that means coating so I don't want to polish that off..is #2 good for just getting the shine and no cutting?

MT-DUAL-3540-BURa.jpg

3 answers to this question

For titanium coating, id just stick to cleaning them and avoiding the polish. I used to be on a forum where a guy polished his titanium exhaust, but didnt know it was coated only. He ended up getting a stainless steel mirror finish and got rid of the titanium coating. I forgot what he used tho, but id stay away from it. It was for a motorcycle, but same concept

For titanium coating, id just stick to cleaning them and avoiding the polish. I used to be on a forum where a guy polished his titanium exhaust, but didnt know it was coated only. He ended up getting a stainless steel mirror finish and got rid of the titanium coating. I forgot what he used tho, but id stay away from it. It was for a motorcycle, but same concept

2 will still turn your towel black from oxidation, so I think 2 might be too strong for that finish.

Thanks guys!!