Customer Service 866.965.0400
chops1sc

Photobucket and 3d party hosting

So I got an email from Photobucket about 3rd party hosting and how I needed to upgrade my account. It seems they are forcing us to pay $400 a year to be able to put our pictures on message boards.

Am I reading into this correctly? Is anyone else having this issue? I noticed all of my posts with pictures have the special thumbnail talking about upgrading.

Poor decision on their part IMO. I have used Photobucket for over 10 years. Looks like I will be getting my pictures back and closing my account.

There's a couple large treads on the subject over at Garagejournal.com. Lots of people going to plan B.

What is plan B?

One of the hunting forums I belong to have had several posts on this topic also. I guess there are some other sites to use, but don't know anything about them. Since most forums have upgraded, I haven't had to worry about using photobucket to post my photos.

One sad thing on the hunting site I visit, a guy had a very large post on how to mange your land with a ton of photos. He has since passed, so now those images cannot be seen.

One of the hunting forums I belong to have had several posts on this topic also. I guess there are some other sites to use, but don't know anything about them. Since most forums have upgraded, I haven't had to worry about using photobucket to post my photos.

One sad thing on the hunting site I visit, a guy had a very large post on how to mange your land with a ton of photos. He has since passed, so now those images cannot be seen.

Yeah a bunch of car and motorcycle forums had a ton of useful "how to" threads with a bunch of pictures. And now we cant see them. Since theyre so old, its highly unlikely theyll repost them too.