Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gallon Pump Sprayer Recommendation

jakerodz7

Question

Hello Adams peeps,

With doing more and more rinseless washes vs. traditional I am starting to feel like the 32 oz. Adams sprayers I have for pre-soaking the panel are just not cutting it any more, especially since I like to do it liberally.

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to good gallon pump sprayers to use for this purpose and for rinsing the wheels after cleaning them instead of having to grab the hose to accomplish this.

From searching online I have heard good reviews for the Roundup pump sprayer, but I am curious as to if there are others you may suggest.  Thanks for your input!

23 answers to this question

Hello Adams peeps,

With doing more and more rinseless washes vs. traditional I am starting to feel like the 32 oz. Adams sprayers I have for pre-soaking the panel are just not cutting it any more, especially since I like to do it liberally.

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to good gallon pump sprayers to use for this purpose and for rinsing the wheels after cleaning them instead of having to grab the hose to accomplish this.

From searching online I have heard good reviews for the Roundup pump sprayer, but I am curious as to if there are others you may suggest.  Thanks for your input!

In winter I use the gallon sprayers to clean wheels, and at Barret Jackson Adams uses WW filled in gallon sprayers to wash cars. I have heard the Chaplin ones are good. Tell me what you buy and if it’s good!

I'm lazy. There I said it. L A Z Y.

I got tired of pumping the sprayer so I got this at Menards. They also have them at Home Depot. They're about thirty dollars but to me well worth the price. Uses four D cells and I can get a good ten rinseless washes out of a set of batteries.

post-1747-0-65726900-1500429224_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Slow

In winter I use the gallon sprayers to clean wheels, and at Barret Jackson Adams uses WW filled in gallon sprayers to wash cars. I have heard the Chaplin ones are good. Tell me what you buy and if it’s good!

I will look into those and keep you updated for sure. Thanks for the input Nate Dawg.

I'm lazy. There I said it. L A Z Y.

I got tired of pumping the sprayer so I got this at Menards. They also have them at Home Depot. They're about thirty dollars but to me well worth the price. Uses four D cells and I can get a good ten rinseless washes out of a set of batteries.

That's awesome, I may have to consider that, how is the pressure coming out of it? thanks for the input.

Why don't you go with a pump pressure sprayer. Similar to the Colad one that Adams offers? I've contemplated on switching over to a few of those for my main chemicals I use a lot of.

I have 2 of the Adams colad sprayers but since I am ever so liberal with the pre-soak, I end up using about a gallon of it, meaning 2 or 4 refills, just want to avoid that if I can. I too am lazy lol. Edited by jakerodz7

I don't use it on my truck but I use it for the lawn and it works great. Has a good adjustable spray head.

https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-20000-Fertilizer-Herbicides-Pesticides/dp/B000E28UQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500472762&sr=8-1&keywords=gallon+pump+sprayer

Not a fan of battery operated ones... Then you have to worry about batteries and electronics going bad. Pump sprayers last forever if taken care of.

Edited by Kingsford

I use this one in the yard and it would work great for Waterless/Rinseless. When pumped up good it has good pressure and the wand has the ability to do a stream or a mist.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Roundup-1-Gal-EZ-Pump-Sprayer-190500/300259181

I was looking at that one and the Chapin one mentioned below, I can't seem to make up my mind as to which one to get, but I like that you say this one has decent pressure when pumped up.

The battery powered sprayer pressure is comparable to the pump type sprayer. I've used both and prefer this to the manual pump sprayer.

Thanks for the clarification! 

I don't use it on my truck but I use it for the lawn and it works great. Has a good adjustable spray head.

https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-20000-Fertilizer-Herbicides-Pesticides/dp/B000E28UQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500472762&sr=8-1&keywords=gallon+pump+sprayer

Not a fan of battery operated ones... Then you have to worry about batteries and electronics going bad. Pump sprayers last forever if taken care of.

I was looking at this one as well, how good is the pressure when using it? Can you adjust the head to do a flat spray pattern?

I use a half gallon (4 pint) pump-up garden sprayer.  It is similar to the Colad sprayer, but less expensive.

3025a14c-374c-460b-ba10-4ac099bf6786_145

I had one of these as well, but even at half a gallon I don't think it would serve the purpose I want it for, I will be re purposing my Adam's one's for something other than presoak, probably detail spray. 

I was looking at this one as well, how good is the pressure when using it? Can you adjust the head to do a flat spray pattern?

I'm not sure if you can do flat. It's more of a spray bottle tip. The pressure is good and it seems to stay pressurized for quit a while. Usually 1 gallon of liquid, I can pump it up fully 3-4 times and empty the entire gallon.

I'm not sure if you can do flat. It's more of a spray bottle tip. The pressure is good and it seems to stay pressurized for quit a while. Usually 1 gallon of liquid, I can pump it up fully 3-4 times and empty the entire gallon.

Perfect, thanks for all the input, I might just buy one of each and see which I like better! 

That looks amazing, and I think it resolves the issue mentioned above about having to swap the batteries out, I may have to consider this in the future for sure!

Edited by jakerodz7

I have 2 of the Adams colad sprayers but since I am ever so liberal with the pre-soak, I end up using about a gallon of it, meaning 2 or 4 refills, just want to avoid that if I can. I too am lazy lol.

I've never really done a rinseless wash, apart from some spot-cleaning.  Just curious.... are you saying that it takes around 1 gallon of RW (diluted) to wash your whole car?  It seems like a lot, but maybe it's not as I've never attempted it.  What dilution ratio do you use?

Thanks.

I've never really done a rinseless wash, apart from some spot-cleaning.  Just curious.... are you saying that it takes around 1 gallon of RW (diluted) to wash your whole car?  It seems like a lot, but maybe it's not as I've never attempted it.  What dilution ratio do you use?

Thanks.

I don't in any way consider myself a Rinseless Guru as I just started using it about half a year ago or so when I got some in a MB.  

This gallon I use that I talk about is pre-soak.  Whenever I do a rinseless wash I use 1 gallon of water with 1 ounce of rinseless solution. I place about 2 single soft towels in there at a time and let them soak (I use the Garry Dean Wash Method).  Then I take a gallon of distilled water and mix in 1 ounce of rinseless concentrate for a pre-soak.  This is the gallon that I typically use as I like to be very liberal when it come to a pre-soak of the panel. I then proceed to spray down the panel with the pre-soak solution and then pull out a towel, squeeze it out until it barely drips then proceed to wash the panel. The gallon I dip my towels in usually lasts for either one large vehicle (such a a tundra crew max) or 2 regular vehicles (sedan, my Tc).

Hopefully this helps explain that!

You could go all out and get one of these backpack sprayers

That looks awesome but for that price I don't think it is worth it.  Maybe if I ever do end up getting my own detailing business and have to do more jobs. 

I don't in any way consider myself a Rinseless Guru as I just started using it about half a year ago or so when I got some in a MB.  

This gallon I use that I talk about is pre-soak.  Whenever I do a rinseless wash I use 1 gallon of water with 1 ounce of rinseless solution. I place about 2 single soft towels in there at a time and let them soak (I use the Garry Dean Wash Method).  Then I take a gallon of distilled water and mix in 1 ounce of rinseless concentrate for a pre-soak.  This is the gallon that I typically use as I like to be very liberal when it come to a pre-soak of the panel. I then proceed to spray down the panel with the pre-soak solution and then pull out a towel, squeeze it out until it barely drips then proceed to wash the panel. The gallon I dip my towels in usually lasts for either one large vehicle (such a a tundra crew max) or 2 regular vehicles (sedan, my Tc).

Hopefully this helps explain that!

I use Garry Dean's method too... but I was doing it years before I saw him. Lol.

I toss 6 fresh MF in a bucket of soap and keep another bucket of water handy to toss "spent" MF wash towels in. I always go around the bottom first so I can get the risk of touching the nasty bottom with an upper section towel. I find 6 towels does a whole car without having to rinse or reuse a towel. Just use it on a panel or 2, toss it in the water bucket and grab a fresh one from the soap bucket.

I use a half gallon (4 pint) pump-up garden sprayer.  It is similar to the Colad sprayer, but less expensive.

3025a14c-374c-460b-ba10-4ac099bf6786_145

does this work well for what you need it for ?

I have it loaded with Rinseless Wash at wash strength (1 oz. to 2 1/2 gallons of water) and it works fine for pre-treating areas.  If I need something stronger I will use Waterless Wash on those areas.  

I refill it with a few ounces each tiime to mix up my Rinseless Wash bucket.