Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Patriot Longevity

tmevilsizor

Question

I know that Adam's released a new formula of Patriot Wax a little while back. It is a new formula and has a small amount of SiO2 (which is Silica) in it. I have yet to try this formulation as I still have Americana.

What is the longevity of the NEW Patriot wax? Will it be similar to the newest revision of Americana? Thank you in advance!

7 answers to this question

I don't think anyone that is using a wax should be overly concerned with longevity.  Chances are if you are using a wax you are either going to be the type of person that regularly maintains and won't have to worry about it or you are putting it on a non daily driver so it will last a considerable amount of time.  If you are looking for something that is going to have good longevity then why not use a sealant or coating?

Hi Tyler, it's hard to give a concrete life expectancy per application since there are many factors involved, but you should typically see anywhere from 1-3 months per application on a daily driver type of vehicle with Patriot Wax. If the vehicle is out in the hot sun often, you'll be closer to the lower end of that estimate. If it's a garaged vehicle or show vehicle, you may see a much longer time frame per application. For example, my GTO that sits in the garage a lot and I only take it out for shows or nice days, I wax it twice a year with Patriot, but if I were using it on a daily driver, I would apply it at least once per quarter just like I would do with Americana :)

I don't think anyone that is using a wax should be overly concerned with longevity.  Chances are if you are using a wax you are either going to be the type of person that regularly maintains and won't have to worry about it or you are putting it on a non daily driver so it will last a considerable amount of time.  If you are looking for something that is going to have good longevity then why not use a sealant or coating?

My car is already ceramic coated. I have that DD issue taken care of. I am going to detail my mother's SUV. I'm putting down a layer of Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and then Americana. (I actually e-mailed customer service about my most recent order of LPS because I just received the old formula that smells like black licorice instead of the NEW and improved formula which smells like coconut. Just waiting on a response now.) It will be protected for the longer term by the Sealant. For the Interim term, Americana will provide moderate protection, but should make the white pearl paint POP. I asked about the NEW Patriot only because there is no mention on the durability compared to Americana. I'm going to assume it's nearly the same.

Edited by tmevilsizor

hmm...I would just put down the sealant and then follow up with H20 GG a week or so later. That should make things POP just fine

Keep wax for a show car. 

Glaze is a filler application that I would only use if I needed to make something look great for a temporary application like going to a car show or meet.

Edited by ledger64

My car is already ceramic coated. I have that DD issue taken care of. I am going to detail my mother's SUV. I'm putting down a layer of Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and then Americana. (I actually e-mailed customer service about my most recent order of LPS because I just received the old formula that smells like black licorice instead of the NEW and improved formula which smells like coconut. Just waiting on a response now.) It will be protected for the longer term by the Sealant. For the Interim term, Americana will provide moderate protection, but should make the white pearl paint POP. I asked about the NEW Patriot only because there is no mention on the durability compared to Americana. I'm going to assume it's nearly the same.

The consensus seems to be the new Americana performs just as well over time as the Patriot. I think the Patriot is just more premium because of it's additional carnauba. However, like said above, G&G over Paint Sealant is great for a DD, and far more cost effective. It's also easier to apply because you would just apply using the wet method after a standard wash. But whatever floats your boat, as ultimately, it's your decision.

But whatever floats your boat, as ultimately, it's your decision.

This is the key right here.  its whatever you feel like!

I am the type that uses

a sealant with sealant maintenance products

a wax with wax maintenance products

a coating with coating maintenance products.

Today's sealants are far more durable and have tons of gloss so unless this is a car I take on weekends or to the car show when its nice out I wouldn't waste time and money on putting any wax down on anything.

But hey if you want to use Patriot by all means or Americana. Some people enjoy the process and thats cool.