Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trying not to lose hope here....

MrRaspberryJam

Question

12 answers to this question

Kinda looks like its a paint scratch deep into the primer. If so, then compounding or polishing wont work. There was a similar thread earlier, and it looks like a paint repair pen is the only easy choice besides a shop. 

Like others said, probaby deep scratch, use a touch up paint pen from the dealer, apply with paint touch up sticks, 2 coats clear coat. Next, wet sand with 3000, polish out wetsanding marks, finally protect it again.

Let it dry between coats and before wet sanding.

Those look like paint gouges down to the bare plastic underneath. I'm assuming that is a front bumper from the picture? 

Unfortunately those will need to be filled in with touch-up paint. I would try to fill them with multiple thin layers, allow to cure, then if you're comfortable with it, wet-sand them down, and then polish back out. Wet-sanding can be tricky and damaging if you sand down too far. 

Having the area sanded, re-primed, re-painted/blended by a body-shop would be the best solution to making it look new again.

Those look like paint gouges down to the bare plastic underneath. I'm assuming that is a front bumper from the picture? 

Unfortunately those will need to be filled in with touch-up paint. I would try to fill them with multiple thin layers, allow to cure, then if you're comfortable with it, wet-sand them down, and then polish back out. Wet-sanding can be tricky and damaging if you sand down too far. 

Having the area sanded, re-primed, re-painted/blended by a body-shop would be the best solution to making it look new again.

Dr ColorChip and do what Dan said if you aren't going to go the repaint way.

agreed 100%. or learn to live with them.

Edited by ledger64

All great Input guys thank you!!! These marks happen to be on the rear end right under the deck lid. I kinda figured I would have to fill it in with paint but was hoping it didn't get to that point. I'll have to order a paint pen from my dealer