Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detailer Questions

Scooter McGoo

Question

Is the new interior detailer meant for use after using Leather Conditioner?  I know the conditioner leaves a slight gloss, but from the vid/description of the interior detailer, it sounds like it serves a similar purpose?  

I currently use interior leather cleaner, followed by conditioner?  However, my interior is always kept very clean minus normal dust build up, so was thinking of replacing interior cleaner with detailer?  I just don't know if that defeats the purpose of the detailer if I follow it with conditioner?

Secondly, I assume it's also a maintenance spray to use in between washes correct, considering it's a mild cleaner (vs interior leather cleaner)?  

Thanks for the help in advance.

5 answers to this question

Leather conditioner is not used frequently. Leather dries up and needs to be conditioned every so often. Too much conditioning is a bad thing on leather, so only do it when you need to. Frequency depends on the usage it receives. Same goes for boots, jackets, etc... However, leather needs to be 100% clean before conditioning for best results. That way it goes into the pores.

Interior detailer is a maintenance type of spray. You can use it more frequently to clean up light dust or just refreshen up your interior. They both contain UV protection and if im not mistaken they both equal spf 65 protection. Whenever your leathers are visibly soiled, hit it with the stronger leather and interior cleaner first.

I personally use interior cleaner first only if the interior is very dirty or you can see dirt spots. Then I follow up with leather conditioner only if the leather needs it or its been a long time. After that im done. Just keep maintaining it with interior detailer after a few days to wipe off the dust and provide additional protection. 

If the interior is already clean and doesnt need conditioning, i just give it a pass with interior detailer and im done.

Sorry I got a little carried away lol, but to answer your question, I think replacing interior cleaner with interior detailer is a good idea in your case since you say its mostly clean. 

Just spray it down with detailer whenever it gets dusty, and use leather conditioner to treat the leathers every once in a while.

Sorry I got a little carried away lol, but to answer your question, I think replacing interior cleaner with interior detailer is a good idea in your case since you say its mostly clean. 

Just spray it down with detailer whenever it gets dusty, and use leather conditioner to treat the leathers every once in a while.

Not at all.  That's the exact information I was looking for, so thank you for the detailed response.  Sounds like I'm over using my conditioner, and considering I keep my interior very clean, likely overusing the leather cleaner as well.  I'll put in an order for detailer and start using that on a more regular basis than the others.

thanks again.

Leather and interior cleaner is a heavy duty cleaner, it will strip any leather conditioner in your interior. What I do every once in a while is clean with the LIC and then condition with LC, I maintain with only interior detailer.

I would use only interior detailer if your car is clean, and then once the old leather conditioner is gone, clean it with interior detailer, and protect with LC!

You could even use only interior detailer because it has light protection.

Edited by Nathan

Leather conditioner has cleaning properties in it as well, but very mild.  I've used the new Interior Detailer on my leather interiors on both cars that have previously only had Leather Conditioner used on them and have had no bad side effects.  In fact, I prefer it on my dash.  Using the detailer after leather conditioner won't hurt a thing.