Customer Service 866.965.0400

PSA: Always Let Your Tire Shine Dry The Whole Way

zw470

Question

9 answers to this question

I spray the tire shine directly onto the hex applicator then apply it to the tire with the applicator. Gives it a nice even coat, without slinging issues.

I was going to ask the OP that question. Spraying on the applicator also avoids getting any overspray on the rim or paint. I also noticed you dont need much product to get a nice look. 

If all else fails, try those cheap microfiber towel packs from big box stores and use them exclusively for you tires. Itll be more flexible than the foam applicator, and cheap enough to throw away after a few uses

I was going to ask the OP that question. Spraying on the applicator also avoids getting any overspray on the rim or paint. I also noticed you dont need much product to get a nice look. 

If all else fails, try those cheap microfiber towel packs from big box stores and use them exclusively for you tires. Itll be more flexible than the foam applicator, and cheap enough to throw away after a few uses

If you spray toward the line on the outside of the tire with a full trigger spray it works without making product go all over the wheels!

If you spray toward the line on the outside of the tire with a full trigger spray it works without making product go all over the wheels!

The panels are too close to the tire, itll get on the paint. Maybe on the truck that might work but I feel like all the product going into the wheel well is being wasted. Spraying the applicator has worked best for me. 

In my experience, when applied with the hex-grip Tire Shine doesn't add any more "shine" than SVRT, it just smells tastier LOL. I save the SVRT for the Mustang, and only use the Tire Shine on my wife's car but with how often I get to wash it this bottle will probably last another 2 years.