Customer Service 866.965.0400

Has the orange Correcting Polish been reformulated?

joeybsyc

Question

I bought some of this along with the finishing polish as a combo when it was first released.  Both were 16oz bottles, and I really liked the orange Correcting Polish.. So much in fact that I found myself using it way more than the accompanying Finishing Polish, as the orange Correcting Polish had a bit of cut to it...just the right amount IMO.  You could  feel the mild abrasives when you rubbed a bit between your fingers, yet they diminished quite nicely as you worked the product into the surface and often times I never even needed to use the finishing polish afterwards.   I used up my 16oz bottle recently and found they no longer offer this size, so I bought the smaller 8oz bottle.  

Immediately after using it for the first time I noticed it seems much different now.   The consistency seems much creamier or smoother, and I don't feel much (if any) abrasives in it when I rub a little between my fingers.   I also note it smells nice now too, whereas I don't recall my original 16oz bottle having much of a scent.     I haven't really tried to remove any major paint defects with this new bottle yet, but I can tell you it definitely seems to be a different formulation than the product I grew accustomed to.    Have they reduced the amount of "cut" this product has since introducing the "Heavy Correcting Compound"?  It sure seems that way to me.

Edited by joeybsyc

10 answers to this question

OK, I'm not crazy then... I haven't used it yet, but look forward to trying it out.  I loved the original formula, so if this works better I will be pleased.  I do wish you could get it in 16 ounce though.  I think I paid as much for this new 8 oz bottle as I originally paid for 16oz.  

OK, I'm not crazy then... I haven't used it yet, but look forward to trying it out. I loved the original formula, so if this works better I will be pleased. I do wish you could get it in 16 ounce though. I think I paid as much for this new 8 oz bottle as I originally paid for 16oz.

We have a club for making bigger sizes. We are even making t-shirts! :lolsmack: Edited by Nathan

We did reformulate Correcting Polish and Finishing Polish for a release back in November 2016 for the Black Friday sale, as well as the release of Heavy Correcting Compound. The new Correcting Polish was designed to be much easier to remove the residue while still offering the same correcting strength with an orange foam pad or a microfiber cutting pad, and it has near zero dust as well!

Bottle sizes were moved down to 8oz because we still had some customers using 5 year old 16oz bottles of Severe Swirl Remover, Swirl & Haze Remover, and so on, and we worried that these products were reaching their shelf life or were expired. I use about 2-3 oz of polish per vehicle usually, so for our average customer that polishes maybe 1 or 2 vehicles a year, the 8oz bottles make more sense to not waste product. The 16oz bottles were priced at $29.99, and the 8oz bottles are now $19.99 before discounts - yes there was a slight price increase, but chemical costs and bottle costs also went up on our end.

I do believe there are still plans to have larger bottle sizes available in the near future for detailer shops and detailers that machine polish more often, and they will most likely be in a 16oz or 32oz bottle size. That's all the information I have on this at this time though :)

We did reformulate Correcting Polish and Finishing Polish for a release back in November 2016 for the Black Friday sale, as well as the release of Heavy Correcting Compound. The new Correcting Polish was designed to be much easier to remove the residue while still offering the same correcting strength with an orange foam pad or a microfiber cutting pad, and it has near zero dust as well!

Bottle sizes were moved down to 8oz because we still had some customers using 5 year old 16oz bottles of Severe Swirl Remover, Swirl & Haze Remover, and so on, and we worried that these products were reaching their shelf life or were expired. I use about 2-3 oz of polish per vehicle usually, so for our average customer that polishes maybe 1 or 2 vehicles a year, the 8oz bottles make more sense to not waste product. The 16oz bottles were priced at $29.99, and the 8oz bottles are now $19.99 before discounts - yes there was a slight price increase, but chemical costs and bottle costs also went up on our end.

I do believe there are still plans to have larger bottle sizes available in the near future for detailer shops and detailers that machine polish more often, and they will most likely be in a 16oz or 32oz bottle size. That's all the information I have on this at this time though :)

Awesome!

$20 for 8oz really isn't that bad I would put it in the middle of the range prize wise compared other polishes and compounds.  Really though options would be nice for larger capacities but realistically the typical buyer that polishes 1 - 3 cars a year if that will have the leftover product issue. plus those bottles are pretty nice.

Edited by ledger64

I like the 8oz bottles. I still have some metal polish 1 and 2 from years ago in a 16oz bottle. I tried it out a few days ago and its still working good, but 8 ounces wouldve been more than enough for me lol