Customer Service 866.965.0400

Teaching My Folks How to Polish

tmevilsizor

Question

I have immediately put the Swirl Killer I received to good use. My parents have always said that I do the best detail work (they may be a little partial I know). I decided to help me Father yesterday and polish the side of his truck he wasn't happy with. I brought my Flex and my Swirl Killer with me to his place. I showed him the difference between the two machines and how one is for HEAVY cutting and the other machine is for super smooth and easy polishing (SK). He decided to break out some 2000 grit sandpaper and use it on some really bad paint touch-ups that the previous owner slapped on the front of the hood. Keep in mind that he has NEVER color sanded. I handed him the SK and let him cut/polish.

I am very proud of my Father for attempting to fix on his own. He actually did a great job. His technique is improving greatly. He has done a little body work in the past, so he understands keeping the pad flat to the paint. His biggest problem is SLOWING DOWN. He wants to buff too quickly and I am trying to teach him to slow down and let the machine do the work.

My Mother came down to our second garage where the buffing/teaching was taking place. I thought it was a great opportunity to show her the difference between the 2 machines. She thought the SK was much smoother and definitely easier to handle than my POWERHOUSE (Flex) machine. Her form is also getting better. Her biggest issue is keeping the pad flat. She's working on improving.

They both need to learn to KEEP THAT CORD OVER THEIR SHOULDER! It's a learning curve to cut/polish. I don't have any pictures of the before/after, but I did capture my Father and my Mother polishing. Enjoy these (swirl)"killer" action shots.

I stumbled upon Adam's polishes last year. I used to use CG products before coming over to the Adam's Family. I now have my Father going to work and instead of talking about CG products,(because that's all I knew)is now telling everyone he works with about Adam's Polishes. He has even referred a few people to the website to shop. One guy in particular asked him about a good wheel cleaner to use on his wheels. My father told him "Adam's Polishes"!

THANK YOU ADAM'S FAMILY

P.S. I don't know why the pictures keep turning sideways. post-14822-0-62595200-1500642344_thumb.jpgpost-14822-0-25520200-1500642370_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Rich don't you have Grand Children that you can teach / share you knowledge with (or little helpers who want to spend time with Grandpa).  I remember my summer when I was younger, iI went to my grandparents once a week.  My Grandpa took me along on his daily farm work the older I got the more i was able to help him.  Now I own and run the farm in my free time.  I am thankful for those things he taught me.