Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pre-soaking MF Towels for how long?

pharden

Question

I've heard numerous places about the benefits of presoaking MF towels prior to washing them. While I haven't tried it yet, I always wondered about how long you should presoak towels for. A couple of hours-24 hours or some where in between?

14 answers to this question

I don't know about others, but usually I will pre-soak my white MF towels since those tend to stain and I don't like that (makes me think the towel is dirty).  I use single softs for at least 1 rinseless wash a week (about 6), and double softs to help with drying with my various washes and various vehicles (about 8-10).  I try to wash every weekend so some of them are soaking for a couple days and some for about a week. I have had it go longer, almost 2 weeks. \

All my other MF towels I don't bother with pre-soaking, but I would imagine a couple hours would be fine. 

I dont see a difference in mine if I soak them for days or just a few hours, so I stick to leaving them overnight for the convenience. 

However, I noticed that the wet towel I use for H2O GG comes out looking really beat up. I have about 4 double softs that all look equally wasted after a single pass of H2O GG. Ill be spraying them with APC and washing them. Hopefully they can be used again. 

H20 guard will ruin towels, I soak them right when I am done using them. I soak them in a bucket with APC or MR

How much APC or MR do you add to water in order to make your soak solution?  I have some H2O G&G that I want to start using but I've been putting it off because I don't want to ruin all of my nice MF towels. 

... I have some H2O G&G that I want to start using but I've been putting it off because I don't want to ruin all of my nice MF towels. 

I dedicated some microfiber applicators and plush towels to G&G. They get presoaked immediately after use and washed separate from other towels.

How much APC or MR do you add to water in order to make your soak solution?  I have some H2O G&G that I want to start using but I've been putting it off because I don't want to ruin all of my nice MF towels.

I usually fill the bucket a quarter or half way and then add just a couple ounces APC or Mocrofiver Revitalizer and then I try to wash them as soon as I can

I usually fill the bucket a quarter or half way and then add just a couple ounces APC or Mocrofiver Revitalizer and then I try to wash them as soon as I can

For general spot treatment or washing, do you notice a difference between APC and Microfiber revitalizer? Or the eco APC for that matter?

Im running out of APC and I dont know if I should switch to microfiber revitalizer or stick to the new eco apc. 

For general spot treatment or washing, do you notice a difference between APC and Microfiber revitalizer? Or the eco APC for that matter?

Im running out of APC and I dont know if I should switch to microfiber revitalizer or stick to the new eco apc. 

Depends on the spot. I will spray APC on spots before presoaking.   Or if it's a heavy spot, I'll scrub it with APC and rinse it well, then presoak.  I like the new Eco APC a lot. 

Get the microfiber revitalizer. A little goes a long way and it is specially formulated to remove waxes, compounds, etc.

For spot treatment or leaving the towels to soak in a bucket, I use whichever one is closer lol. For washing I always use Microfiber Revitalizer.