Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stubborn Scratches

slalom38

Question

I'm working on a metallic black Porsche. I've got some minor scratches on the hood that refuse to be polished out. The he most aggressive I've gotten is orange correcting polish with an orange foam pad with the SK set to 5.

So do I go Microfiber pad with correcting polish or do I go to the next more aggressive polish and foam pad?

I'm a novice at machine polishing so I'm a bit "clear coat" timid. Any direction will be much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Larry do a test area with the Orange polish and the microfiber pad, if that doesn't work move on to the blue. Since this is your first time working with a polisher make sure you always keep the michenice moving and do not keep it in one spot to avoid any kind of damage. Also make sure your using a crosshatch pattern, which means up Down up down and then right to left right to left, work I'm small areas until you get use to the machine and figure out what works best for you. I also recommend taping the edges and avoiding thembecause rose or the thinnest painted areas of the car.