Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning off Fire retardant?

SVillalon

Question

Soo somewhere in Fresno, CA an AIR tanker accidentally dropped Fire retardant onto several cars. Wish i had pic's but it was in the news and thought i'd share it here. The question is, how would some one go about tackling this issue? lol. They say Wash&soap easily remove the product and it is extremely safe.

GKW0Koa.jpg

Edited by SVillalon

10 answers to this question

Personally, I'd wash it and rinse it well, then clay it to remove any unseen residue. Then give it a good detail. But if you don't have time for all that, get it washed off as soon as you can.  Hopefully you had your ride protected before this.  

Since reading this forum, I've since become concerned with fly poop and now fire retardant falling from the sky. What's next, "blue ice?!" :o:wacko:

I hope it washes easily, OP.

Your in Colorado, I can tell you what is next.  Pollen from the corner dispensary, or those coming and going from the establishment.   :lolsmack:

To the OP, I also saw that in the news.

Edited by LFairbanks

I would contact Cal-Fire. Phos-Chek can etch, they will likely reimburse you for detail. That said, it is better than having your house burn down. Curious, was it the DC-10 Tanker? That's our design, very proud to be part of the design team that did that.