Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wipe Method

jakerodz7

Question

Hello Adam's peeps,

This is a question for all but more specifically for those rinseless gurus.  I have seen everywhere that there are 2 mainly used methods of wiping during rinseless washes and was curious as to which you prefer using.  There is the wipe with one section rolling the towel, then move on down the towel until you get 1-3 wipes out of each side.  Then there is the wipe using a z pattern and use 1 side of the towel per panel (sometimes 2 sides depending on how dirty the car is).  Of these two methods which do you use and prefer if you have tried both?  Are both safe enough to use interchangeably?

6 answers to this question

Im probably out of the ordinary here, but i change it up depending on how dirty the car is. 

If there is any visible dirt, I give it a pass in one direction only. On glass or panels that arent that dirty, i go back and forth.

For example last night, my car was a bit dirty from a previous rain, but I didnt want to wash it because it said it might rain again in the morning, so I just did a rinseless. The top of the car was really dirty and you could see where the dusty water drops formed. Right there I went in one direction. On the side panels and the doors, i went back and forth because it wasnt as dirty. 

Im probably out of the ordinary here, but i change it up depending on how dirty the car is. 

If there is any visible dirt, I give it a pass in one direction only. On glass or panels that arent that dirty, i go back and forth.

For example last night, my car was a bit dirty from a previous rain, but I didnt want to wash it because it said it might rain again in the morning, so I just did a rinseless. The top of the car was really dirty and you could see where the dusty water drops formed. Right there I went in one direction. On the side panels and the doors, i went back and forth because it wasnt as dirty. 

This sounds like a perfect hybrid method actually.  I am going to have to try this out, thanks for sharing!

I do Rinseless Washes all the time (have been doing them for about 6 years), but rarely use the 'bucket of towels' method, as it dirties up too many towels.  

My method:

• Soak a quality MF in the wash bucket, and wring it out
  • Clean a section with the Red Wash Mitt   
  • Wipe the cleaned section with the damp towel
  • Spritz the section with DS, and wipe dry with the WW towel
  • Clean the wash mitt in the Rinse bucket
  • Repeat

I use the same method for applying H20 G&G in place of the DS, and I use a dedicated towel for spreading the G&G.

I do Rinseless Washes all the time (have been doing them for about 6 years), but rarely use the 'bucket of towels' method, as it dirties up too many towels.  

My method:

• Soak a quality MF in the wash bucket, and wring it out
  • Clean a section with the Red Wash Mitt   
  • Wipe the cleaned section with the damp towel
  • Spritz the section with DS, and wipe dry with the WW towel
  • Clean the wash mitt in the Rinse bucket
  • Repeat

I use the same method for applying H20 G&G in place of the DS, and I use a dedicated towel for spreading the G&G.

Hmmmm that is a very interesting method, I think it is the first time I see it.  I like it though, I will have to try it out.  I use the orange 16x24 towels and so usually only need about 2 or 3 to do my whole car.  But I like your method.  Thanks for sharing!

I'm not quite as particular as the above, and really haven't had any issues doing it my way. If the car's dirty I'll two bucket wash it. If it has light dust, or been rained on I'll do a Rinseless Wash.

Below is my procedure:

Put 2 1/2 gallons of warm water in a five gallon bucket with a grit guard. In this water is 2 ounces of Rinseless Wash and four plush waffle weave microfiber towels. In a second bucket is warm, clear rinse water; no grit guard.

I'll spray one panel at a time, liberally, with a mixture of 1 ounce Rinseless Wash to 15 ounces Distilled Water. I'll use just less than two mixed 16 ounce bottles on a vehicle.

Pull a towel from the wash bucket squeeze some of the water/rinseless mixture and wipe off the panel. I just wipe; no rolled towel, no z pattern, just wipe the panel. Once the panel is wiped I squeeze out the remaining wash mix and water and place it in the rinse water bucket. Again, if the car's dirty it'll get a two bucket wash.

I dry the washed panel with a Borderless Blue microfiber towel, and will use three or four for an entire vehicle. I just wipe the panel dry.

I re-pete the above procedure until all four wash microfibers are in the rinse water bucket. I'll then manipulate all four of them in the bucket together to remove any remaining wash mixture and dirt/dust. They then go back into the bucket with the wash mixture and grit guard and are again manipulated to absorb the fresh wash mixture and to remove any remaining dirt/dust.