Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash drying causing caked on residue

robfarmer

Question

We recently purchased a new SUV for my wife. As soon as I brought it home I washed it using the recommended Adams procedures.

I used the Strip Wash using the foam cannon. I did the entire car, then took a sponge to each panel. It was a hot day out and the car was in direct sun. I worked quickly

After rinsing the vehicle and getting to applying detail spray and glass cleaner I started to notice residue that was very hard to get off, even with AP. It almost looked like streaks of sap. It was most noticeable on the glass.

It eventually came off completely after a few washes.

I'm worried to use it again on another new vehicle that I'm planning to prep for a ceramic coating.

Is it possible that the strip wash dried on the vehicle can caused that residue? It was most noticeable on the windows, but the car as a darker silver (Audi Graphite Gray) so I may not have noticed it elsewhere. The new car will be black.

Anyone else experience this?

3 answers to this question

I often deal with dried Car Wash Shampoo/Strip Wash even when most of the car is in the shade.  You need to 'reactivate' the soap before rinsing it off. 

Wash the car as usual, and when you have cleaned the last panel & cleaned the mitt on the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket, load it up with soap from the wash bucket.  Now go over the car again quickly - I usually do one side of the car, reload the mitt and do the other side.  Now rinse the car with a strong spray, followed by a pool rinse.  You can move quickly with this method, as the car is already clean, and you are just 'reactiviting' the dried soap.  

Shout-out to Chris@Adams for this tip several years ago!