Customer Service 866.965.0400

CORVETTES AT CARLISLE

Rich

On 1/15/2018 at 10:05 AM, buffalobob920 said:

I can’t wait to I have my spot and hotel already staying for the whole event this Immy wife a l had a great time weather was perfect and hopefully the weather will be the same

Last year's weather couldn't have been more perfect.  We're doing a reserved spot again this year.  IE55 I think and staying at the Country Inn and Suites.  But I also have a room booked in Shippensburg in case the funds don't cover the more expensive hotel. Feels good to think about Carlisle  on these cold winter days. 

2 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Hi rich my spot is the same as last year IE38 we are coming in on Thursday this year 

That's what we've been doing for years.  We came on Wednesday the first year they made it four days, and that was a  waste of money.  With a reserved spot, it doesn't matter much what time we get there, we know we have a place to put up our tent waiting for us.   I waited about 10 days  after coming home last year before calling Carlisle for the reserved spot, and found out that most people reserved their spots for the following year the day they arrived!  I almost didn't get one.  Didn't like the spot I was in last year.  Too close to the Corvette America tent. We're further up this year. Farther to walk to the potty and food, but hopefully it will be good.  They're doing the American flag again this year Bob.  Your blue would be perfect. 

Looking forward to it Scott.   Seems to me, when we're all at Adam's party, we should all go around and stand up and say who we are and our forum names.  Everyone says they'll stop and say hi, but half the time I'm not at my tent so I miss meeting people.  Or wear stick on name tags or something. 

23 hours ago, Rich said:

Looking forward to it Scott.   Seems to me, when we're all at Adam's party, we should all go around and stand up and say who we are and our forum names.  Everyone says they'll stop and say hi, but half the time I'm not at my tent so I miss meeting people.  Or wear stick on name tags or something. 

Rich, you have it easy. "Hi, I'm Rich. My forum name is...Rich." <insert mic drop>  :lolsmack:

P.S. I hope you all have a blast! I've actually made this nametag suggestion for the clinics at the HQ...let us know how it goes for this event and maybe they will adopt it for the clinics. Wait, I have an idea...(see Product Feedback forum)

Edited by falcaineer

45 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Rich, you have it easy. "Hi, I'm Rich. My forum name is...Rich." <insert mic drop>  :lolsmack:

P.S. I hope you all have a blast! I've actually made this nametag suggestion for the clinics at the HQ...let us know how it goes for this event and maybe they will adopt it for the clinics. Wait, I have an idea...(see Product Feedback forum)

Sounds like a plan 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, zeps7784 said:

Reserved spots are only for those who are showing a car? Correct? I'd just be coming to spectate so only need a admission pass?

If you're coming just as a spectator, not bringing a Corvette, and not parking at the grounds, then I think you only pay $10 or $15 at the gate.    

If you have a Corvette and want to be there for more than 1 day and want to park on the grounds, then get the Fun Field pass for $75. That gives you prime parking on the field, admission for you and a passenger and your car for all four days, a goody bag, dash plaque, and t shirt.  It also entitles you for a chance to have your Vette chosen for a celebrity pick on Saturday.  There are about 170 of them that get picked.  If your car is picked, you get a nice certificate and trophy.  That's about the best way to go, but you have to get there early (like before 8 a.m. ) daily to find a good spot, but there are thousands of spots available. Fun Field is available every day, but it's best to pre register so you can have your sticker mailed to you ahead of time, and just slap it on your windshield so you can drive right in.

Reserved parking is for guys like me who come for all four days and set up camp.  I have a pop up tent, chairs, etc. that I leave there for the duration and I'm guaranteed that particular spot. Nobody else can park there except me.  There are 150 of these spots, and they are all sold out. 

9 hours ago, Rich said:

If you're coming just as a spectator, not bringing a Corvette, and not parking at the grounds, then I think you only pay $10 or $15 at the gate.    

If you have a Corvette and want to be there for more than 1 day and want to park on the grounds, then get the Fun Field pass for $75. That gives you prime parking on the field, admission for you and a passenger and your car for all four days, a goody bag, dash plaque, and t shirt.  It also entitles you for a chance to have your Vette chosen for a celebrity pick on Saturday.  There are about 170 of them that get picked.  If your car is picked, you get a nice certificate and trophy.  That's about the best way to go, but you have to get there early (like before 8 a.m. ) daily to find a good spot, but there are thousands of spots available. Fun Field is available every day, but it's best to pre register so you can have your sticker mailed to you ahead of time, and just slap it on your windshield so you can drive right in.

Reserved parking is for guys like me who come for all four days and set up camp.  I have a pop up tent, chairs, etc. that I leave there for the duration and I'm guaranteed that particular spot. Nobody else can park there except me.  There are 150 of these spots, and they are all sold out. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I had my registration and hotel for Chevy Nats this past weekend, but cancelled on Thursday.  All they were calling for was rain Friday, and thunderstorms all day Saturday.  It's a 3 hour drive for me on the turnpike. That's no fun in the rain, in a Vette, with all those Semis on the road.  Guess it didn't rain much there, but it poured here all weekend.  

Hoping that we get the same weather we had last year for this year. Cooler and dry. Perfect weather.   I'm like you Bob.  Looking forward to it, but going to enjoy summer for as long as we can.  Winter will be here before we know it.  But I'll be happy if it just QUITS RAINING!! 

11026004_10204259095456756_4613206249359856327_n.jpg

On 6/27/2018 at 4:24 PM, keev14 said:

Getting alot of rain here also.  I have been to one show this year.  Missed out of 3 due too the weather!!!

Good guys here in Columbus next week though!!!!!

Going to be hot!  Enjoy the show! Always wanted to go to one of those.