Customer Service 866.965.0400
MrRaspberryJam

Trying to figure out which would be faster/more efficient...

Question

About to break out my SK on my dads car (which is black) and I'm on the fence about this.... should I do the whole car once around using each correcting step at a time or do each panel at a time but do all steps together? Just something to think about lol

7 answers to this question

For me, I do the entire car at once per step. Saves from having to change pads, etc. The exception would be starting with a small section first (2'x2' is a popular approach) to see what it'll take for the polish on the remainder of the car. Then, have at it!

I agree, sometimes I will only do the 2x2 with one pad and then do the car at those types of levels and pressures and then just run step 2 over the whole car with moderate pressure just to clean it up. 

I like to do one panel at a time to prevent pad failure and over heating, after each panel I also brush pad out and the use compressed air to blow out the pad to keep it clean. I all have multiples of the same pad to keep them cool and refreshed.

I always start with a 2x2 test spot so I will know what it's going to take to achieve the results that I am looking for.

Then most of the time I do all  polishing steps a panel at a time. There is no right or wrong way..........

I think what I'll try is do the whole car one step af a time and see how it does. It sounds like the better option to me especially not having to change pads all he time

Looking forward to pics when you're done! Hint, hint. Or for even more effect, before/after ones are always fun. Feel free to ask any more questions you have...