Photo
- - - - -

Trying to figure out which would be faster/more efficient...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrRaspberryJam

MrRaspberryJam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

About to break out my SK on my dads car (which is black) and I'm on the fence about this.... should I do the whole car once around using each correcting step at a time or do each panel at a time but do all steps together? Just something to think about lol

#2 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

For me, I do the entire car at once per step. Saves from having to change pads, etc. The exception would be starting with a small section first (2'x2' is a popular approach) to see what it'll take for the polish on the remainder of the car. Then, have at it!
  • BrianT likes this

#3 pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

I agree, sometimes I will only do the 2x2 with one pad and then do the car at those types of levels and pressures and then just run step 2 over the whole car with moderate pressure just to clean it up. 

• Wy_detailing likes this

#4 Chonke

Chonke

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

On my car, ive done the whole car one step at a time. On the truck I have to break it down into sections.

#5 ocdrifter

ocdrifter

Master Blaster

• Members
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

I like to do one panel at a time to prevent pad failure and over heating, after each panel I also brush pad out and the use compressed air to blow out the pad to keep it clean. I all have multiples of the same pad to keep them cool and refreshed.

#6 Chris@Adams

Chris@Adams

God, Family, Cars In That Order.......

• Administrators
  • 21,954 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

I always start with a 2x2 test spot so I will know what it's going to take to achieve the results that I am looking for.

Then most of the time I do all  polishing steps a panel at a time. There is no right or wrong way..........

l8FFOki.jpg
Pontiac, Gone But Not Forgotten! GTO 1 OF 136

Adam's Polishes is the Officially Licensed Car Care Product of Corvette & Camaro.

use the code SHINEON for 10% off your next order
youtube.com/adamspolishes | instagram.com/adamspolishes

#7 MrRaspberryJam

MrRaspberryJam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

I think what I'll try is do the whole car one step af a time and see how it does. It sounds like the better option to me especially not having to change pads all he time

#8 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Looking forward to pics when you're done! Hint, hint. Or for even more effect, before/after ones are always fun. Feel free to ask any more questions you have...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users