Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Truck-What to do?

Mbrazelton

Question

20 answers to this question

Pretty much everything to keep it in great condition, and with Adams stuff, you will make it better than new.

But probably a strip wash,clay, decon the paint with wheel cleaner. Then paint sealant and glass sealant

Then the trim and wheels/tires.

And i would leather condition every hard interior surface, because it has SPF in it.

I also always tint all my glass

Pretty much everything to keep it in great condition, and with Adams stuff, you will make it better than new.

But probably a strip wash,clay, decon the paint with wheel cleaner. Then paint sealant and glass sealant

And i would leather condition every hard interior surface, because it has SPF in it.

I was kind of thinking on that line clay, then a good wax, since right now I am out of sealant.  I wish we could do Tint in Iowa but unfortunaly we can't.

Wash

Clay bar

Check for any kind of paint damage

If it's not clean fix it up and if it's good to go use

Adams Paint sealant

Wax on top of sealant Americana/Patriot

For the interior I like to buy a water repellent coating for the carpet

Lay down some UV protection on the plastics!

Ps Don't forget to show us the picture of your new whip!

Nick do you tint the front windshield top to bottom?

As much as I hated it, I had had to many problems with my ZL1 in 6 months.  So yesterday I traded it off for a new Silverado.  My question is with new cars what's everyone first steps detailing wise when they get them. 

It depends on how much the dealer touched it!  

We picked up an new Accord over Memorial Day weekend, but it had to be delivered from regional stock.  They drove it about 100 miles, thru love bugs, and called to make sure I did not want it washed (NO!!!).  I picked it up with  zero dealer installed swirls and, other than the bugs, perfect paint.  I washed it as soon as we got home and applied H2O G&G.  The next day I did a quick Rinseless Wash (bucket of towels method) and applied BG + Americana.  This past weekend I applied more G&G as part of the Rinseless wash.  In a few months I will do a Strip Wash and apply PS, but  it's wayyyy to hot for that now!

Oh, and the 2 weeks I had to wait for an appointment for my tint guy was excruciating!    

Wash

Clay bar

Check for any kind of paint damage

If it's not clean fix it up and if it's good to go use

Adams Paint sealant

Wax on top of sealant Americana/Patriot

For the interior I like to buy a water repellent coating for the carpet

Lay down some UV protection on the plastics!

Ps Don't forget to show us the picture of your new whip!

:iagree:

Weathertech floor mats. First thing I bought for my truck

Yep. Personally, I have Husky floorliners and have loved them. And they were a bit cheaper.

Id also spray the wheel wells with invisible carriage underspray. It works wonders on trucks and SUVs.

And just out of curiosity, what problems did you have with the ZL1?

It was alot of the Service the 2nd largest Chevy dealership gave me.  The car wouldn't keep a alignment very long, they wouldn't fix the rattle in the supercharger until it got worse, but my opinion was it was rattling and it needed to be fixed, then a check engine light came on, and finally the seat stiching came out on the bottom side and they wouldn't take car of it as a certified car, with only 6500 miles, so I got rid of it. I loved the car, just to many problems it had been to the dealership 5 times in 5 months, and only putting 3200 miles on it.  More worried about if something else happened would the dealership stand behind it.  

Edited by Mbrazelton

It was alot of the Service the 2nd largest Chevy dealership gave me. The car wouldn't keep a alignment very long, they wouldn't fix the rattle in the supercharger until it got worse, but my opinion was it was rattling and it needed to be fixed, then a check engine light came on, and finally the seat stiching came out on the bottom side and they wouldn't take car of it as a certified car, with only 6500 miles, so I got rid of it. I loved the car, just to many problems it had been to the dealership 5 times in 5 months, and only putting 3200 miles on it. More worried about if something else happened would the dealership stand behind it.

Im not sure whats up with some of these dealerships, but i had some issues with my old/used/certified Tahoe, the one dealership, wouldnt do much, so i took it to a smaller more family oriented dealership which was 50-60 miles away, and they fixed all my problems, at no cost.

My thing is, its a Chevy issue, its not coming out of the dealers pocket!

Edited by Nickfire20

It depends on how much the dealer touched it!  

We picked up an new Accord over Memorial Day weekend, but it had to be delivered from regional stock.  They drove it about 100 miles, thru love bugs, and called to make sure I did not want it washed (NO!!!).  I picked it up with  zero dealer installed swirls and, other than the bugs, perfect paint.  I washed it as soon as we got home and applied H2O G&G.  The next day I did a quick Rinseless Wash (bucket of towels method) and applied BG + Americana.  This past weekend I applied more G&G as part of the Rinseless wash.  In a few months I will do a Strip Wash and apply PS, but  it's wayyyy to hot for that now!

Oh, and the 2 weeks I had to wait for an appointment for my tint guy was excruciating!    

I agree. After a no wash delivery of my 1LE I washed it when I got home to find no swirl marks and extremely smooth paint. I made the decision not to decontaminate or clay at that time and just hit it with some H2O G&G to get some protection on it. I will continue with Detail Spray as a drying agent and H2O G&G every few washes until the weather cools down then will do the normal steps and get sealer on her.

Whenever you have a dealer that will not take care of a problem, ask for the email address and phone number of the manufacturer service zone rep for your area. It is their job to take care of issues like that.

I am actually thinking about having them taken off, it would look sharp without them. Trying to decided if I want to tackle it myself or have someone do it.  

Whats everyones thought on ceramic coating it since the paint is new and no swirl markers are in it as of now. 

I am actually thinking about having them taken off, it would look sharp without them. Trying to decided if I want to tackle it myself or have someone do it.  

Whats everyones thought on ceramic coating it since the paint is new and no swirl markers are in it as of now. 

I think now would be a perfect time to apply ceramic coating before swirls appear. 

As far as debadging, its pretty easy to tackle yourself. Look up some videos on youtube and get a heat gun if you dont have one yet. I personally like the way my truck looks with badges. Without them it kinda looks like a v6, but ive seen some debadged cars that look good too. 

I did the same 20% sides and 5%rear but I kicked it up a notch I did the whole thing on the front, it's so nice, I also used a 3m film that rejects the heat and makes it that much more cooler when driving.

Thought about it but no, just a 5% strip.

But i do the sides 20%, in turn the rears that came factory tinted, are now 5% or less.

I did the same 20% sides and 5%rear but I kicked it up a notch I did the whole thing on the front, it's so nice, I also used a 3m film that rejects the heat and makes it that much more cooler when driving.

I thought about full windshield, but i live in the country so its pretty dark at night.

The 3M? Is it ceramic? Does it really help keep it cooler?

Yes it's a ceramic film and yes it helps a lot in heat rejection, it's become a very popular film, great stuff but very pricey here.

I thought about full windshield, but i live in the country so its pretty dark at night.

The 3M? Is it ceramic? Does it really help keep it cooler?