Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Prep

Wy_detailing

Question

Hey guys, I'm getting everything lined up to do a full detail and complete ceramic coating on my soon to be new car. Planning on doing all three ceramic kits and just looking for a few answers.

1. Can I ceramic coat the headlights/taillight after polishing them? Paint coating or trim coating for these?

2. Trim coating or paint coating for gloss black plastic trim?

3. Can I use the small foam swabs that Adam's sells to do tight spaces on the wheels and grill?

4. The car (2016 dart GT) has red leather perforated seat bolsters that look like they are died blac. I've seen a few cars where it wears down to red after lots of use. Is Adam's leather co dirioner enough to protect it or should I look at a higher strength leather sealant/protectant to prevent wear.

5. Is trim coating ok to use on Weather Tech Floor Mats?

6. Should I do an iron decon on the paint or just clay? Good practice to do so on a new car with possible rail dust?

7. Any tips for protecting wiper arms from fading? Polish and paint coating?

8. Anybody done trim coating on the inner fenders? Was it worth it or should I stick to undercarriage spray?

Thanks in advance guys!

4 answers to this question

1. Yes Trim coating, I did mine

2. Trim coating

3. I use a foam brush that's very small when needed

4. Honestly, it all depends on the persons body and how you get in and out of the car that causes the wear on the seat. Most people don't get in cars correctly and that's what causes wear on the seat. I believe in good leather lotions, adams has a great leather lotion, and I also believe the more you use, the better the seat stays conditioned, on my Ferraris I put leather condition bi weekly because basically the entire interior is leather.

5. Yes Trim coating on okay to use on weather tech matts, ask Nate Dawg!

6. I would do a iron decontamination to the paint, when you have the surface sprayed down use your wash glove to work the liquid into the paint and help move it around to help it penetrate the surface.

7. You can paint coat your wiper blade arms because they are panted or you can buy SEM wiper blade paint when needed.

8. I never done Trim coating I use the under carriage spray, I heard one guy use h20 guard and glove and he said it works great, just a idea.

8. I never done Trim coating I use the under carriage spray, I heard one guy use h20 guard and glove and he said it works great, just a idea.

Dan Wolf applied the trim coating to his Raptor fender liners and said it works great. As far as using g&g on the liners, that was me! It always works great as long as you have the patience to work under there.