• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 swexlin

swexlin

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

This is some good stuff. Might be my new favorite Adam's product. My 2013 Viper has CQuartz, and not all detailers play nice with it. After I go over it with CarPro Reload (and now Adam's Ceramic Boost), I needed something to get the dust off it from my garage.

Adam's Detail Spray, while perhaps my fav, doesn't really place nice with it. Megs 34 does, and it's what I had been using. Last month at Carlisle, I picked up a bottle of Matte Detailer, and wow! The car got rained on a good part of Friday at Carlisle, and the Matte Spray, goes on slick, and cleaned the car up beautifully.  I even like it for going over the interior as well (in between treatments of Adam's Leather Conditioner). 

Anyone want a gallon of Megs 34? Just kidding, I'll keep it, but this new Matte Spray is really a multi-use product - for coated vehicles, and anytime you need a slick (did I mention this was slick) detail spray to get whatever road crap you just picked up! I keep a bottle in the Viper, and when I use up the Poorboy's I keep in my truck now (for emergency cleanup) I'l put a bottle in there as well.

This is not just for Matte finishes. I wanted to get the word out for more people to try it.

• Beemer, Liralen and Nickfire20 like this

#2 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the review, when it first came out, i wondered how it would go on the interior, or just as a waterless wash type deal. So this is good info.

I hope to make it to Carlisle next week...if so I'll add this to my list.
  • swexlin likes this

#3 swexlin

swexlin

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

I really do think it's an excellent all-around detailer. As for interior - I'm not a fan a dedicated interior detail spays, Adams or anyone's. Any good exterior detailer (some detailers even use spray wax, like Megs) will work on the inside. I think both of Adam's sprays work very well on every surface. If I'm at a show, and want some bling inside, I'll use regular Detail Spray. If I'm just wiping down, I may use the Matte.

I wanted to put the word out that the Matte Spray is an excellent detailer for all finishes, not just coated, or vinyl stripes, or matte. I haven't seen much buzz for it, even on this forum. So here's the buzz!

• Nickfire20 likes this

#4 ZMAN024

ZMAN024

Experienced Detailer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

This is some good stuff. Might be my new favorite Adam's product. My 2013 Viper has CQuartz, and not all detailers play nice with it. After I go over it with CarPro Reload (and now Adam's Ceramic Boost), I needed something to get the dust off it from my garage.

Adam's Detail Spray, while perhaps my fav, doesn't really place nice with it. Megs 34 does, and it's what I had been using. Last month at Carlisle, I picked up a bottle of Matte Detailer, and wow! The car got rained on a good part of Friday at Carlisle, and the Matte Spray, goes on slick, and cleaned the car up beautifully.  I even like it for going over the interior as well (in between treatments of Adam's Leather Conditioner). 

Anyone want a gallon of Megs 34? Just kidding, I'll keep it, but this new Matte Spray is really a multi-use product - for coated vehicles, and anytime you need a slick (did I mention this was slick) detail spray to get whatever road crap you just picked up! I keep a bottle in the Viper, and when I use up the Poorboy's I keep in my truck now (for emergency cleanup) I'l put a bottle in there as well.

This is not just for Matte finishes. I wanted to get the word out for more people to try it.

Thanks Swexlin. I read your original review after you grabbed some at Carlisle and followed up with my own purchase.  I completely agree that it works great on a ceramic coated car.  I just finished wiping down my son's Challenger 10 minutes ago after I pulled it out of the garage, and my neighbor commented on how nice the car looked. Not to mention it smells great, too.   :D

Edited by ZMAN024, 19 August 2017 - 11:21 PM.

• swexlin likes this

2016 Charger Hellcat - Bright White

2016 Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker - Pitch Black

#5 Nickfire20

Nickfire20

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

What does it smell like?

#6 swexlin

swexlin

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hard to describe, but it smells good.

#7 hamilton2400

hamilton2400

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

What does it smell like?

Cotton candy :)
  • Norton likes this

#8 ZMAN024

ZMAN024

Experienced Detailer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

Cotton candy :)

I think it's more like a light cocoa scent.

#9 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

It's cotton candy. Smells really good!

#10 ZMAN024

ZMAN024

Experienced Detailer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

It's cotton candy. Smells really good!

My wife said Cotton Candy too. I guess with a 3-1 vote I lose  :lol: .  

#11 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

My wife said Cotton Candy too. I guess with a 3-1 vote I lose  :lol: .

4-1...and a trump card...if you count what Adam's says. ;)

#12 ZMAN024

ZMAN024

Experienced Detailer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

4-1...and a trump card...if you count what Adam's says. ;)

Alright, I'll go with Cotton Candy............................................................with a hint of Cocoa  :D

• falcaineer likes this

#13 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Alright, I'll go with Cotton Candy............................................................with a hint of Cocoa  :D

:lolsmack:

#14 swexlin

swexlin

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

As an update, it's rainy drizzly with wet roads here today and of course, today was my appointment for my annual state inspection for the Viper. When I got it back home, it needed some cleanup. About a 23 mile round trip to my dealer for the service.

20 minutes with the Matte Detailer, and it looks great. Best new Adam's product in years. Period.

• BRZN likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users