Customer Service 866.965.0400

Matte Detailer - Review (Good Stuff!)

swexlin

Question

This is some good stuff. Might be my new favorite Adam's product. My 2013 Viper has CQuartz, and not all detailers play nice with it. After I go over it with CarPro Reload (and now Adam's Ceramic Boost), I needed something to get the dust off it from my garage.

Adam's Detail Spray, while perhaps my fav, doesn't really place nice with it. Megs 34 does, and it's what I had been using. Last month at Carlisle, I picked up a bottle of Matte Detailer, and wow! The car got rained on a good part of Friday at Carlisle, and the Matte Spray, goes on slick, and cleaned the car up beautifully.  I even like it for going over the interior as well (in between treatments of Adam's Leather Conditioner). 

Anyone want a gallon of Megs 34? Just kidding, I'll keep it, but this new Matte Spray is really a multi-use product - for coated vehicles, and anytime you need a slick (did I mention this was slick) detail spray to get whatever road crap you just picked up! I keep a bottle in the Viper, and when I use up the Poorboy's I keep in my truck now (for emergency cleanup) I'l put a bottle in there as well.

This is not just for Matte finishes. I wanted to get the word out for more people to try it.

13 answers to this question

I really do think it's an excellent all-around detailer. As for interior - I'm not a fan a dedicated interior detail spays, Adams or anyone's. Any good exterior detailer (some detailers even use spray wax, like Megs) will work on the inside. I think both of Adam's sprays work very well on every surface. If I'm at a show, and want some bling inside, I'll use regular Detail Spray. If I'm just wiping down, I may use the Matte.

I wanted to put the word out that the Matte Spray is an excellent detailer for all finishes, not just coated, or vinyl stripes, or matte. I haven't seen much buzz for it, even on this forum. So here's the buzz!

This is some good stuff. Might be my new favorite Adam's product. My 2013 Viper has CQuartz, and not all detailers play nice with it. After I go over it with CarPro Reload (and now Adam's Ceramic Boost), I needed something to get the dust off it from my garage.

Adam's Detail Spray, while perhaps my fav, doesn't really place nice with it. Megs 34 does, and it's what I had been using. Last month at Carlisle, I picked up a bottle of Matte Detailer, and wow! The car got rained on a good part of Friday at Carlisle, and the Matte Spray, goes on slick, and cleaned the car up beautifully.  I even like it for going over the interior as well (in between treatments of Adam's Leather Conditioner). 

Anyone want a gallon of Megs 34? Just kidding, I'll keep it, but this new Matte Spray is really a multi-use product - for coated vehicles, and anytime you need a slick (did I mention this was slick) detail spray to get whatever road crap you just picked up! I keep a bottle in the Viper, and when I use up the Poorboy's I keep in my truck now (for emergency cleanup) I'l put a bottle in there as well.

This is not just for Matte finishes. I wanted to get the word out for more people to try it.

Thanks Swexlin. I read your original review after you grabbed some at Carlisle and followed up with my own purchase.  I completely agree that it works great on a ceramic coated car.  I just finished wiping down my son's Challenger 10 minutes ago after I pulled it out of the garage, and my neighbor commented on how nice the car looked. Not to mention it smells great, too.   :D

Edited by ZMAN024

As an update, it's rainy drizzly with wet roads here today and of course, today was my appointment for my annual state inspection for the Viper. When I got it back home, it needed some cleanup. About a 23 mile round trip to my dealer for the service.

20 minutes with the Matte Detailer, and it looks great. Best new Adam's product in years. Period.