Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spots on coating

Laid GP

Question

We have extremely hard water where I live and unfortunately I have some water spots on my coated truck. What is my best option at this point? I really don’t want to end up having to re coat if I don’t have to.

Edited by Laid GP

4 answers to this question

Have you tried Brilliant Glaze to clean them off?  That's probably the safest option to start with. 

The other option I'd consider is Revive because it polishes with the lowest amount of abrasion.  I do not know if it will remove the ceramic coating so I'd see what the experts on here have to say.

Brilliant worked great on my wifes 4runner, after a recent trip to Palm Springs she returned with crazy water spots all over the car from the sprinklers at the resort, wash and wax followed by an application of brilliant glaze completely eliminated the water spots. 

Keep in mind the 4Runner was already treated with paint sealant and a fresh coat of brilliant glaze before she left. 

Will the brilliant glaze harm the water repellant properties of the ceramic coating?

I've used BG on my ceramic paint coating and it hasn't degraded it at all.  If you read the ceramic FAQ (http://adamspolishes.com/paintcoating) it says that "only wear and tear over time or machine polishing with the appropriate cutting pad and polish will remove the coating."  It also says that Revive is safe to use so I'd try the BG first and if that doesn't work, then try Revive.

Edited by Texas Moe